20.

I must look scared because he smiles sadistically. When he starts reading, I become terrified. "(Longing) желание."

My mind aches, remembering the familiar words. "No," I say weakly.

"(Rusted) ржaвый"

"S-Stop." I say as I lean my head back, trying to fight the familiar feeling, my lip quivers.

"(Seventeen) Семнадцать"  I try to pull my metal arm free, terrified of what will happen when he finishes.

"Stop!" I demand, my voice stronger this time.

"(Daybreak:) Рассвет" he looks me in the eye as as he says it. I scream in agony, trying my hardest to fight the feeling, it hurts to fight, I've been away too long. I pull my metal arm free and release the other restraints.

  "(Furnace:) Печь" I grunt as I try to break out of the container by punching the glass, he backs away now. "(Nine:) Девять" I continue fighting and punching the glass. My head throbs with the effort but I can feel myself coming apart, the soldier's coming. 

"(Benign:) добросердечный" I grunt and punch harder, my head is killing me and I'm trying so hard to resist.   "(Homecoming:) возвращение на родину, (One:) Один," he says the next two fast, giving me less time. The glass cracks and I'm yelling now, trying so hard. "(Freight car:) грузовой вагон," he says the last word as I break out. It's no use though, the soldier is here.

I stand up from my crouched position, ready for orders. "Soldier?" The man asks me.

"Ready to comply," I answer automatically.

"Mission report, December 16, 1991." He asks urgently.

My mind goes back to that mission. "Extract and Sanction, no witnesses. Two executions, one female, one male. Package acquired and brought back to base in Siberia for new projects. Success." I finish in the format they liked. He smiles but asks another question.

"Where is the base? Where exactly is it?" He commands and I recite the coordinates I know by heart. He seems happy with my answer.

"I want you to disable the guards outside this room, then I want you to wait for the enemies who will come. After that, I want you to get to the roof, fight anyone in your way, and take the helicopter to the base in Siberia, do you understand?" He relays the mission and I nod. He goes to sit on the floor.

I step out of the room and quickly take out the guards with hand to hand combat, using my arm to shield myself from bullets. I finish them off and retreat so I can hide and wait for the right time to ambush.

I sit in the shadows and wait for all three of the men to enter the room. When they have, I go for the one trailing. He ducks out of the way of my first punch and tries to hit my side but I punch him in the face and pick him up by the chin, throwing him into the wall. The next guy comes at me and I simply kick him into the holding cell.

The last guy comes running and dodges my first punch, getting one in himself. I retaliate by kicking him low and he falls onto the ground, scrambling to get back up. He blocks my kick and punches then dodges the punch I throw at him. I use my foot again and kick him into the elevator door. I use my fist to punch him back, he resists but I'm stronger and push him down the elevator shaft. My mission is to get to the roof, that's what I'll do.

I walk up a few flights of stairs and come across some guards, I take them out and continue. I enter a door to a cafeteria and see some more guards. I use their own beating sticks against them and take two more out that way. One comes at me with a gun and I flip him over and take it. I'm about to shoot when a noise blast stops me, I wince and look to where it came from. A man with a weird contraption is coming towards me. I walk and hold my gun up when he flashes a light too bright and I crouch down to shield my eyes.

He grabs my gun hand and pushes it down when I try to punch him. I use my metal arm to get his hand off me aim and shoot. He grabs the gun with his hand and the glasses protect him from my bullet. He looks at me, surprised, and I pull the gun away, he pulls the top off. He smiles and hits me across the face with it. I look back at him, unfazed, and retaliate by elbowing him and then punching him into a set of tables.

Two girls come running at me. The blonde one comes first, trying to kick me twice. I block both and try to punch her, she dodges it. The other kicks me then punches me in the gut, switching places. I grab her leg and hurtle her away from me, she does a few flips before landing on some other tables. The other one uses her legs to get on my shoulders.

She uses her elbows and pounds on my head, trying to get me to pass out, as well as cutting off my airflow. I slam her on a table and start to strangle her with my metal hand. "You could at least recognize me." She chokes out. I'm interrupted when a black man punches me. He tries to kick me twice and I block them successfully. I continue blocking his blows until I punch back. He dodges it and manages a hit in the face.

He goes for more blows which I block, I see an opening and take it. I punch him square in the chest with my metal arm and turn on my heel, walking up the stairs.

He lands back in front of me and we trade off blocks and hits until he grabs my arm. I lift it up under his strength and he stares at me, shocked, then flips us over and we fall down the stairs.

I block a punch and get a good one on him. He's fast though and gets one on me and then kicks me into the wall. There's an opening so I fall, but I'm quick too. I get up immediately and start running into the hallway. I find another set of stairs and start going up, making my way to the roof.

I make my way there and see the blue helicopter. I rip off the wire that attaches it to the ground and climb in. I shut the door and press the buttons to start it up. I hear a slam and look over to see blondie and the brunette. I turn back towards the controls and start lifting the helicopter into the air. They start sprinting over to me, trying to stop my ascent.

When I'm off the ground I feel the copter getting weighed down. I look over the side and see the two men hanging on for dear life. I move the stick over to try and hover over the water so they don't have any grip. I get halfway over the side when I can't move any further. I look over again and see them holding on to me and the side of the building.

I try to move for a few minutes to no avail, so I give up. If I can at least kill one of them it will be worth it. I move the stick over to the other side so the helicopter speeds towards them, they struggle to get out of the way of the wreckage.

The brunette lands next to my window, and I smash my hand out and grab him by the throat. I stare into his eyes as the helicopter slides over the side and sinks into the water. That's when I pass out.