Christmas Gathering

Tobias POV~

Tonight's Christmas Eve, a holiday Tris and I discovered about two years ago and finally got it back into tradition. It meant to celebrate every life and be grateful for everybody's gifts. Tenley was dying to get a throwing knife, so being the best father I am I got her one. Tris of course looked like she was gonna kill me.

"Tobias! She's only 11!" She frets.

"But.... She's 11 and dauntless!" I chuckled.

Therefore I won the fight, and Tanner just wanted "muscles" so that's why I have been taking him to work out. Yet again he's only 8 years old but oh well!

"Dad! Can we open one present at least?" Ten whines. She's wearing plaid pajamas and her hair are in two braids.

"Nope." I pick her up and throw her onto my back.

"To aunt Christina's!" She cheers and with that I ran.

Tris POV~

Tobias and Ten just ran out the door at 9:00 at night on Christmas Eve. I'm not even going to question anything. Anyways now it's just me and Tanner. I started to bake Christmas cookies and he wanted to help.

"Mom I have a problem." He licks one finger of batter.

"The problem is?" I ask while cracking another egg.

"This girl, Kira. She's into me but girls have cooties." He makes a gross face.

"Woah lil man. Slow down, you're only 8 years old. You have a while to worry about that." I laugh.

"Oh thank god!" He wipes his hand from his head and continues to lick the batter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy! Daddy!" Ten and Tanner shout while jumping onto our bed.

I was snuggled up with Tobias and we were soundly asleep. Keyword, were.

"What's wrong?" Tobias wipes his eyes and leans up. My head is still on his chest and he starts to play with loose strands.

"It's Christmas! Get up!" Ten jumps onto my side.

"Alright alright." I shrug her off and pull myself out of bed.

After settling down by our tree, Ten starts to unwrap her present and what she sees blows her mind away.

"My own knife?" She breathes in and her eyes are glowing.

"You like?" Tobias smiles.

"Perfect Ten. Daddy thank you so much!" She runs up and hugs him.

Then Tanner opens up his new video game and starts to dance. It was my turn, so I opened the small box and it was necklace. It was gold and it was my mothers wedding ring. Happy tears grew in my eyes and I looked at Tobias.

"Mommy why are you sad?" Tanner has a confused look on his face.

"These are happy tears. Tobias come here." He came over and I hugged him.

"I love you beautiful." He whispers in my ear and I respond, "I love you more."

Tenley probably didn't think we heard her but at least I did.

"I hope that will be and Chase some day. " she sighs.

I hope it will be her and Jake.