Jake and Tenley

Tris POV~

"Mom, I want to start training!" Ten whines.

"You're only 11 sweet heart. Next year you'll start." Tobias pats her head.

"But why does Tanner get to go?" She points at her brother eating a burger.

"Cause I'm a boy." He sticks his tongue out.

"Ten, why don't you invite someone over to hang out with?" I manage to change the subject.

Tenley has a bunch of friends. Luke is basically her cousin, Ava is her best friend and Jake is her guy friend. Jake and Tenley have gotten closer lately and Tobias seems scared since he is Eric's son. However, Jake protects Ten and is always nice to Tobias.

"Okay well when can I date?" Tenley blurts the question right out.

"Excuse me? Over my dead body." Tobias spits his drink.

"Shut up. Ten you can date when training begins." I wink.

"No! When she was one we agreed 18!" Tobias argues.

"Tobias if I had to wait at 18 I could never had dated you." I point out.

"That's different. I was your instructor... We knew each other and led a rebellion!" He is now being stupid.

"Discussion is over. Invite Jake over." I go to Tobias and sit on his lap on the couch.

The kids go to their rooms and we cuddle together. I'm drink wine and he's drinking beer. Being the good wife I am, I start to rub his back. He's been working out a lot lately and have been getting sore.

"I love you." He runs his fingers across my thigh and I kiss him.

"You too." We lay down and cuddle each other.

All of a sudden we hear Ten laughing very loud. I walk into her room not trying to wake Tobias up on the couch.

"It's 3:00 in the morning what are you doing?" I rub my eyes.

"Jake couldn't come so we are video chatting. This girl is trying to date him." She laughs so hard.

"Oh tell Jake to call you back in like 5 minutes." So she hangs up and looks at me confused.

"You're only 11 years old, you have some time to date. However, dating isn't easy. You have to open up and be close to each other. Do you like anyone?" I ask.

"Um well this kid named Chase. We hang out in the cafeteria sometimes. He's really funny and we always talk." I was hoping she would have said Jake.

"Oh okay. Isn't that Peter's son? How old is he?" I wondered.

"He's Ava's age." She answers.

"Okay well get some sleep and just remember that the person you never knew would be your lover might end up as your mate." I wink and kiss her forehead.

"I'm way too young for this!" She throws her head into the pillow.