Falling in Love is Dauntless

Tobias POV~

I didn't know Will a lot but he always found a way to make me feel better. He was so calm and was a big positive ball of energy. Christina has to be going through hell and I honestly wish Will could be here comforting her.

"Four! Did you hear?" Zeke runs in.

"Yeah I know. I'm gonna miss Will." I sigh.

"No dude, Christina is pregnant. She told Shauna. And it's Wills." He gives me a sad look.

Now I know how much Christina is going to hurt. A million of sharp knives have to being stabbing her right in the heart. What hits me more is reality, if Tris had to go through this? I wouldn't be able to live with myself, to leave the world and leave behind my precious Tris. I can't put her through that.

Right on cue, Tris walks in with a frantic look on her face.

"She's pregnant. And he never even knew." She covers her mouth.

"I heard." And I walk into the bedroom.

Tris POV~

I dash into the apartment and find Tobias talking to Zeke. I explain that Chris is pregnant and Tobias looked like he saw a ghost.

"What was that about?" I look at Zeke.

"I don't know. I'll see you later Tris. I'm gonna try to cheer Chris up." He winks at me and walks out.

I follow Tobias into the bedroom. He was sitting on the edge with his head in his hands. He was thinking about something.

"What's wrong?" I squeak out.

"Tris, I don't know how to say this without hurting you." His voice is off.

"Tobias what are you talking about?" Nerves built up in my stomach. I might throw up.

"Tris I love you so much. But we can't be together. If I died and left you, I just can't let you hurt inside." He confessed.

I tried to breathe. Trying to slow down my heart beat. Tears are building up in my eyes and it feels like a frog is in my throat. It takes me a minute which seemed like a life time to figure this out.

"You're hurting me right now. If this was us and you died, of course I'd be crushed. But if you break up with me, I'll never be able to see a piece of happiness in my life ever again." I spit the words out.

"I'm so sorry. You deserve someone to keep you safe. I'm not that. I put you in danger all the time." He gets up. Tears are forming in his eyes.

"Tobias Eaton! I will not stand here and let you break what we have. We are inseparable! We have been through hell! How can you just do this!" I scream, tears are streaming down my eyes.

He walks over to me and hugs me. He looks down and kisses me. I can't pull back. I let him and it was a desire. I felt a tear fall from his eye and land on my cheek.

He whispered, "This is the hardest thing I had to do, I will always love you Beatrice Prior." Then he walks away and out the door.

I stand there, staring at the door. Breathless, lifeless. I fall to the floor. Christina lost her love and so did I. My world is falling upside down and I'm just frozen. Unable to move. I break down and bring my legs to my chest.

I look at the ring on my hand and whisper, "After all we have been through.."

I clutch the ring in my hand and sob. My heart was shattered. Split into two and never beating again. I crawl onto the bed and breathe in Tobias' scent. Safety, not danger. My eyes are red and will forever be from crying.

Falling in love is dauntless. You'll either be caught by the net or shot from the pain of being broken.