Simple enough

I opened my eyes as the doorbell rang, loud and clear. I was sitting in front of the door, leaning my back against it, and I had to blink a couple times before remembering why I was sitting there. I looked at my phone. 2 pm. Oh. I never went to school? I remebered tying my shoes, and then being too tired to leave. I yawned, my mind drifting until a knock was heard, vibrating through the wood my head was resting on, startling me slightly. "Naruto? Are you there?" My eyes widened, and I looked to my left, where the mail drop was, and where I could hear his voice going through. "Shit.." I scowled, knocking softly on the door from my side, just letting him know I was here. "Naruto?" I swallowed slightly before answering. "Yeah?" "You didn't show up for school today." "I guess not." It turned quiet, and I pushed down the feelings trying to overwhelm me. "Why..Why didn't you answer the phone, teme?" I bit my bottom lip, trying to keep my voice from wavering. How can a person mean so much to me? It feels like I'm full of care, full of wanting, full of constant love for him, for this one person, the one and only person who has told me he loves me. It's tearing me apart not knowing how we stand. 

"I wasn't able." I scoffed slightly. "Thats the only answer you've got?" I bit my hand, trying to keep any tears from developing. How could he be so calm? How could I be the only one getting so affected? It wasn't fair! As he remained silent, I closed my eyes, not wanting to be the one that was so hopelessly broken, not wanting to be the burden, the one with all the problems, screw-ups and flaws. "You can at least-" "I couldn't answer because I spent the a night at the police station." My eyes widened. "You what?" I asked out loud, wondering what he had gotten himself into. "Hn." Was his answer. "Why?" I wanted to know. I heard him sigh before the answer came. "Because of a public fight." I swallowed, guessing as to who he had been in a fight with.  "Sasuke-" "Naruto I talked to Shikamaru. It didn't happen." 

I stared at the door for a moment, before slowly lifting myself up to stand." Can you open the door?" I did as he asked, and seconds later found myself looking into those black obsidian orbs, the ones that seem to look right though me. 

"How did this turn so complicated?"  I asked, wanting to step closer, wanting to close the gap of air between us. That gap of air, taunting me with the possibility that it might stay there forever between us. "Hn. Is it really that complicated thought?" I swallowed as he said that, a small crooked smile shaping on my lips. "It shouldn't be. I.." I looked at his features as if asking permission, before continuing my sentence. "I love you.." "I love you. Simple as that, dobe."  "Simple as that, teme."

Emmilou: So yeah, I was thinking of making a chapter dedicated to Kiba, and his love interest. Right now, Shino seems to be the most popular option. Any objections?

Kiba: Well, I-

Emmilou:shhhhhhhhhhh.........

Do you hear that?

*Kiba glares*

Emmilou: That Dont you dare forget the sun by Get Scared. 

And it's playing right now.

Kiba: *sigh* At least I get some well deserved attention.

*Emmilou pats Kiba's shoulder*

Emmilou: Yeah.

Naruto: Me and Suasake are still here you know?