Kissing at lunch

I was sitting at lunch, with Sakura, Kiba and Shikamaru. Sasuke had been staying away from me, and it made me feel like proud, the feeling of being the leading one in a race.

But it also ripped, trashed at one part of me, that one part of me that wanted to be left in his embrace.

And honestly?

I frightens me.

Ive had so many people leave me behind, mock me, or just not be there for me, almost all of them. My friends now were the only ones I've had by my side. And that makes the thought of being so dependant on someone terrifying. What if he leaves? What if he moves on? What if he figures out that I'm not actually a special guy and doesnt bother catch me when I fall out of his arms?

I knew those questions weren't really something that I should be asking myself, but I couldn't help it. With company comes the risk of loneliness. And god knows thats the thing I dread most, after having spent almost my entire life smothered by it.

As I laughed at the punchline Kiba was telling, I let the laughter, the laughter that I shared with my friends, boost me away from my inner arguments, and tried to act as if the feeling wasn't there.

I took the last sip of my coke, and threw the can perfectly into the nearest trash can, causing Shikamaru, who was sitting at the left across from me, to roll his eyes, Kiba, who was sitting in front of me to give me a high five and a smile, and Sakura, who was sitting next to me, to let out a giggle.

I grinned at them and leaned my left elbow on the table, letting my weight rest on it.

I looked to the entrance to the right, and my insides filled with an icy feeling.

There was Sasuke, walking in with Ino on his arm, with them being all cuddly. And then she leaned up and kissed him. And he didnt exactly stop her.

I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.

My face was turned to my right by soft fingers.

-Naru are you alright?

Sakura purred. Shikamaru leaned his back against Kiba, claiming he was tired, Kiba rolled his eyes at that, and Sasuke had a frozen look on his face as Sakura inched closer.

-I dont know Sakura...

I whispered in a low tone, and barely noticed the way she shuddered softly at that, as I was too consentrated seeing a, even more then usual, pale face, not taking its obsidian black eyes away from the us. Bastard. I thought as I inched even closer to her, her green eyes already half lidded, her face angeled to her right in anticipation. I felt a mix of payback, attempt to brake free, and insecurity as i let my lips join hers. Her lips were soft, and tasted slightly of the strawberry milkshake she had been drinking. I let my right hand cradle her chin, stroking my thumb on her soft skin. She seemed so...Fragile. I let the tip of my toung graze her lip, making her breath leave her lips, before pulling back. Kiba gave a low whistle, before grinning at me. Shikamaru just raised a brow, and Sakura blushed. But I, for once, didnt blush. I gave Sakura a crooked smile before excusing myself and rising from the table, starting to walk away. I felt obsidian eyes burn holes in my neck, but I just kept walking.

Emmilou: So I just realised its  Thursday, and I have to get two chapters out.

Kiba: Well heres the first one. And its got me in it!

Emmilou: Good for you Kiba.