Rusame- Battle Scars

For LakeWilliams WARNING: Scars and mentions of the American Civil War, mentions of slavery, DON'T READ IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED EASILY.
-----------
It all started in the locker room.

Now I know what your thinking. Locker room? What locker room? Well you see sometimes during World Conferences the Nations aren't allowed to leave the building so it also acts as a hotel. No one ever knew why this was a thing but they knew it had something to do with security. So in this 'hotel' there were bedrooms for every nation present, a lobby, a conference room (obviously), a garden, a gym, and a locker room.

The locker room is where the problem started. America had been working out in the gym since no one was currently using it and thought it'd be a good idea to go change in the locker room. It wasn't. America had walked into the guys locker room putting his workout bag on one of the benches. America unzipped the bag and pulled out a clean shirt seeing as how his other one was sweating from working out.

America had been in the process of removing his old shirt when he heard what sounded like a wolf whistle. "Damn Amerika, I didn't know jou were into that kind of stuff~" A German accent purred causing the American to freeze and turn around. Prussia, France, and Spain were standing in the doorway of the locker room looking at him with surprised, perverted, and all around shocked expressions.

"Huh?" Was all America could seem to get out in his confused state. "I mean I didn't know jou'd be into vhips und stuff like that." America froze at those words. They were talking about the scars on his back. Those long, painful gashes that still stung sometimes if he thought about them too much. And the nations and ex-nation standing by door thought they were from some BDSM kind of shit.

America pulled his shirt back down and tried to explain himself. "You dudes got it all wrong, I'm not into---" America was cut off when France approached him looping an arm around his neck while his other hand went up the back of America's shirt feeling the rough texture of the scarred skin. America flinched at the touch and contact of skin then started to try and back away from the Frenchmen's grip.

America also noticed that Prussia and Spain were closing in on them with predatory looks on their faces. America started panicking and elbowed France in the stomach causing the Nation of Love to release him to hold his own stomach in pain. While Spain and Prussia took the time to help their friend, America had grabbed his bag and ran out of the locker room.

America ran past a group of nations chilling in the lounge room causing them to look on curiously as the Freedom Nation ran down the hallway to the stairs that led to the bedrooms. Russia felt himself grow concerned for his once enemy and started thinking about what could send America running.

Then Prussia, France, and Spain entered the room.

The Frenchmen had his arms around his two friends necks looking a little injured. Personally Russia thinks that he needed to man up. When England saw the two Europeans enter the room carrying his French boyfriend, he ran over trying his best not to look concern for his rivals wellbeing. "Francis, what the bloody hell hell happened to you?" The Brit asked as the Prussian and Spaniard placed their friend on one of the many couches in the lounge area.

"Inglaterra, it was Norteamérica. We walked in on him changing and saw some whip marks on his back. We natural assumed that he was into BDSM stuff like Germany--" Cue Germany blushing furiously. "----so France started to get flirty and putting his hands up the back of America's shirt. Then I realized something was wrong. I don't think America willingly got those scars because he wanted to." Spain's explanation had Russia's blood turning freezing cold with horror then boiling hot with anger.

"You are idioty, da?" Russia spoke in a icy laced tone drawing his magic metal pipe of pain scaring everyone around him. Russia was about to go full crazy on the three Europeans when a voice inside his head whispered to him, 'Fredka needs you. Forget about them and go find him. He needs you.' Russia slowly lowered his pipe and put it back in his coat.

Russia stepped away from the dumbstruck group and started walking towards the stairs fully intending on finding America.
------------
America ran up to his hotel room and slammed the door once he was in it. Alfred locked the door sliding down the wood. Alfred tossed his duffle bag in front of him. Alfred felt something start to flow down his face and raised a hand to wipe the liquid away. Tears. It was tears. This only seemed to make the American cry more as he started to bawl.

KNOCK KNOCK

America went silent when he heard someone knocking on his door. America stood up and looked through the peep hole only to see his long time rival, Russia. "Fredka? It's me. Let me in." America could hear Ivan's voice through the door. The Russian sounded distressed and concerned which obviously wasn't meant for him.

Seeing no point in arguing with the man on the other side of the door, America shakily reached for the door knob and opened the door. Immediately Alfred was embraced by the large Russian's surprisingly pleasant hug. America didn't even resist the urge to cry, letting all his emotions loose as he cried into the offered shoulder.

"Ssshhh, it's okay, podsolnukh. I'm here. Just let it out." The older nation cooed holding the other close to his chest. America's cries and whimpers filled the room for about ten minutes before he calmed down slightly. Ivan took this as an okay sign to move them so they were sitting on the bed.

"Now tell me why you cry." Russia said as he stared reassuringly into the American's gorgeous sky blue orbs. America looked away from the Russian's hypnotic Violet eyes and started to tell Ivan why he was crying. "Remember my civil war?" At Ivan's nod America continued. "During the war I used to help slaves escape to the north via the Underground Railroad, a crime that was punishable by death. I didn't care though. I would give my life for my people. One day I was helping a family escape their cruel owner, they got away but I wasn't so lucky. He caught me and used the whip to try and 'knock some sense into me'. It hurts so much but I knew that it was worth." Those last few words had Ivan staring at him in shock.

Seeing this, America continued to tell the story. "What I'm saying is I would've rather had me getting whipped then that family. The scars never faded so to me they serve as a reminder that a nation must be willing to sacrifice their life so that there people would live. It's what I've done and will always do, not matter what the cost." Alfred smiled up at Ivan who was at a loss for words.

He had never met a nation who would give everything so that there people could live. It warmed his heart immensely.

Ivan pulled Alfred into another hug and smiled as the American snuggled into him. Ivan then had idea. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Ivan joked but had a serious look in his eyes. America looked at him slightly confused before a sudden realization dawned his face.

"I-Ivan, are you sure?" America asked but was silenced when Russia pressed a finger to his lips silently telling him to be quiet. "Yes Fredka." Russia said starting to take off his scarf which concealed all of his scars. Alfred gulped before removing his shirt revealing a toned chest and sun kissed skin. Ivan slowly placed a hand on the American's back feeling the scarred tissue beneath his fingers. Alfred placed a hand on the Russian's neck feeling the scarred tissue there as well.

"You know what makes us stronger, podsolnukh?" America shook his head looking at Russia with love and compassion. "We're here with each other. The things and people that hurt us aren't. That's what makes stronger."

It was then the pair after centuries shared a passionate kiss under the moonlight.

-------
Hey guys! Any thoughts?