31. I'll See You Soon

Title: I'll See You Soon

Pairing: KathNiel

Genre: Short fluff

IT was one of those days that Daniel was already up before his alarm. He has no idea if he even slept at all. He looked at the girl sleeping in his arms, hugging him with all her might. He kissed her forehead and she moved closer to him in response, if it's even possible, nuzzling his neck. Her inviting lips is parted open and she was snoring lightly. He chuckled.

He lightly tapped her cheeks. "Mahal, gising na. Kailangan mo na mag-ready baka mahuli ka sa flight."

She slowly opened her eyes and they met with his. She pouted and in her soft, baby voice, whispered, "I'm not yet ready."

They tightened their hold on each other. Feeling ni Daniel hindi na siya makahinga but he never complained anyway.

"Napag-usapan na natin ito mahal. Hindi naman permanent ito na magkaiba tayo ng projects. We both wanted to grow as an artist, we both wanted to explore..." his voice is full of enthusiasm and positivity, even though deep inside, nasasaktan na din siya, "At ang bilis lang ng oras... di mo namamalayan, tayo na ulit ang magkasama."

"Hindi kasi ako sanay," she retorted. "Sino mag-aalaga sa'yo pag wala ako?"

He chortled and added lightly, "Wala ako kasamang manuod ng netflix. Walang magluluto sa akin ng lasagña. Walang magpupunas ng pawis ko everytime na maglalaro ako ng basketball. Kawawa naman ako mahal."

"You're so mean," she grumbled. "Dinadagdagan mo ata ang pagka-sepanx ko eh."

"Ganito lang ako mang-asar pero nawawalan na ako ng bait nito," Daniel murmured, "Shet... ngayon pa lang bal, namimiss na kita. Paano pa kaya mamaya pag lumipad ka na sa Hongkong?"

"Sama ka na lang kaya sa akin?" she asked innocently and added enthusiastically, "Doon ka na mag-birthday. Tapos pwede mo kami tulungan doon. Mag-apprentice ka kay direk kasi di ba yun ang gusto mo?"

"Kung pwede lang bal yung ganun, ginawa ko na..." he replied in a low tone, "... Pero ang dami kong pending na commitments. Hiniling ko na yung buong March as bakasyon kasi gusto ko lagi kitang makasama bago ka umalis papuntang Hongkong. Tambak na yung trabaho ko."

"So... so may possibility na hindi mo din ako mapupuntahan sa Hongkong?" she questioned with a sad voice. Tears started to form at the edge of her eyes.

"No... gagawan natin ng paraan. Gagawa ako ng paraan. Wag kang mag-alala..." he cursed when he saw her tears, "Tangina Kathryn, wag kang umiyak. Feeling ko naiiyak na din ako."

She sniffed. "Ang hirap naman ng ganito. Parang ayoko pa tuloy umalis."

"Uwi ka sa birthday ko please. Parang hindi makukumpleto iyon kapag di kita kasama. Shet... ang corny ko na," he lamented. "Baka magalit ako sa'yo pag di ka umuwi..."

Kathryn's eyes widened. "But bally... di ko hawak ang time ko... I... I..."

"De loko lang," he said. "Ako bahala... malapit lang naman ang Hongkong... isang oras lang yun..."

He closed his eyes and kissed her forehead, then her lips. They were lost in their own world until they heard a knock on the door.

Daniel planted two chaste kisses on her lips before he stood up from the bed and went to answer the door.

Tita Min was there when he opened the door, telling them to prepare now or they will miss their flight.

"Parang maganda yun Tita Min..." he joked in which he earned a glare from Kath's mom. "Oh joke lang. Si Tita Min naman, angry bird agad."

He playfully hugged Tita Min and chuckled.

"Dj hah, ang init-init..." she warned. "Magprepare na kayo."

Both of them nodded and offered a sad smile to each other when their eyes met.

ON the way to the airport, Kathryn rested her head on Daniel's shoulder whilst the latter placed his head on top of hers. She was clinging to him like her life depended on it and his arm was on top of her lap, securing her.

The media was present on the site when they've arrived. Kathryn looked up and saw Dj smiled down at her. He gave her a quick kiss on the lips before Kathryn stood up from her seat and exited the van.

Daniel patiently wait inside, giving all the spotlight to her girlfriend. He noticed that she wasn't smiling at all while answering some questions from the press.

He shook his head and smiled. She really is an open book. You can read her emotions by looking at her face. It was that expressive.

Oh God, he will really miss her. He will miss how her eyes light up with love when she sees him. He will miss her adorable smile and baby voice. He will miss their constant I love yous. He will miss their late night outs or that she will be there, within his reach whenever he misses her. She will be miles away from him and he could hardly catch his breath at the thought of it. Damn, he's completely taken and enamored of her.

He sighed and looked out of the window. He saw some of the media calmed down. Making sure that they were not looking, he stealthily walked out of the van and approached his girlfriend.

"Uy... nandiyan pala si Daniel..."

"Nakakakilig naman!"

"Pa-interview naman Dj..."

Ignoring the crowd, he sauntered towards Kathryn and held her arm. She looked at him momentarily, before snaking her arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

"I love you..." he whispered. "I'll see you soon."

Yes, Daniel Ford survived 16 years without her... but that's it. He just survived. He does not want to just survive, he also wanted to live. And for him, Kathryn Chandria Manuel Bernardo is one of the reasons why life is good and worth living.