Complications

An An tightened her grip on Liang Xing's lapel. "Do you understand?" She asked him, her patience running thin.

Liang Xing refused to look at her. "An An, this child belongs to both of us. As long as you or the child survives, I too will remain. But should you both be gone...Just as you are taking a risk of your own volition and gambling with your life, why can't I also do what I want with mine. Don't take away that right from me!" Liang Xing leaned down and hugged her holding her close to his bosom. If his beloved woman was gone what could he do on this own?

"What about the children, what about our parents?" She asked him as her strength once more left her and she relaxed into his embrace.

Liang Xing thought for a moment. "They will be fine. I will leave them to our parents. After, I will talk to our parents and ask they leave all our assets to the orphanage to be managed by the oldest children as they become old enough to take care of their younger siblings. It will be a burden on them but at least they will have a safe place. Alright?" He asked her with desperate hope.

An An closed her eyes. She would not be able to persuade Liang Xing now so she could only concede.

"Alright." She agreed slowly. Later she would secretly plan. Right now Liang Xing was desperate due to the situation, but he usually had such a love for life... she just had to remind him of that if the time ever came.
--------
An An had been two months along at the time the doctor diagnosed her now three months had passed and she hadn't shown any outward sign of complication. Her belly had slowly been growing and she had even felt the baby kick once.

She had been in bed almost all day every day since the day she had fainted, and the children had all been taking turns alongside Liang Xing to sit with her and chat so she would not be bored or feel confined.

Another month passed and An An continued to be more or less stable, but it was winter now and it was not long before An An caught a winter chill.

One night she simply broke out in a fever, and from then on, her condition only got worse. For one whole month she alternated between fear of losing her child and delirious dreams produced by fever.

"Doctor, why hasn't An An woken up!" Liang Xing asked. He had been awake for two days straight and his eyes showed purple and black splotches from lack of sleep, his mood was irate for the same reason, and it didn't help that he had been suffering from anxiety for the last few months.

"Young Master Liang, the Young Madam was weak to begin with. Now her body is overly taxed. At the beginning I predicted only a fifty percent chance of her giving birth, now... I do not believe she will be able to keep the baby any longer." The doctor said honestly.

Liang Xing walked over to An An 's side and sat down heavily. He took her skinny hand and raised it to his cheek. "Doctor, what should be done next."

The doctor considered for some time before answering. "There are two options. One the madam takes a chance; she waits to see if her body naturally will reject the pregnancy, but at this stage that option might result in her becoming violently ill, which might result in her death. However, if her body does not reject the pregnancy the child might still be saved. The second choice is to induce an abortion or birth. At this point she is rather far into the pregnancy so regardless of which she picks she might suffer severe bleeding...." The doctor remained quiet about the obvious repercussion of that. An An's choices just were not positive.

Liang Xing nodded. Since An An was not waking up he had to make the decision.

It took him less than ten minutes to decide.

He had been there when the baby had kicked that one time. He had seen how euphoric An An had been from that simple action... and he also greatly loved the baby growing in his beloved woman's bulging belly.

In the end how could he deny An An her wish. "Doctor, do what you can. Make her wake up. Let her have this child." A single tear drop fell down his cheek as he said those damming words.

Liang Xing knew, his decision might lead to his most important persons death. At that point, wouldn't he be her killer?