Reasoning With the Parents

Cute parent child couple 

Enjoy,

Serena12195

__________________________________

Once the Rus left Madam Liang finally stopped drinking her tea and looked at her son with a cold piercing gaze. "Now then, do you want to explain this to me more clearly?" She asked imposingly. The whole room seemed to be filled with a chilly aura that emitted from her small body. This was clearly not a woman to mess with.

The night before her blockhead of a son had come to her and told her he had a girl he liked, and he said she was called An An. He also said she was from the Ru family and then immediately after her went on to describe her..... at length..... every single part of her.

Perhaps even at some point he had told her, sneakily in his speech, that he intended to marry the An An; however, his little tangential speeches were something his mother was immensely familiar with so despite the solemn look she maintained of her face, her mind was actually a million miles away. By the time he finished she had only caught the first ten minutes of what he had said. It was not that she was a bad mother, just that her son was too much of a talker!

The next morning, she woke up to a surprise that nearly made her jump out of her shoes. Her people nervously told her a marriage matron had been sent from the Liang gamily to the Ru family. When she had heard she had almost spat out her tea she had just been handed.

Her son's marriage and she did not even know about it! More importantly this son of her had the guts to go over her head!

Now, Laing Xing looked up at his mother sheepishly. "Ma, I'm getting married." he smiled at her cutely as if his actions hadn't been completely secret until two minutes before.

Madam Liang's eye twitched. 'this boy always gets what he wants when he acts cute, but not this time!' She thought as she walked down the steps, so she was at eye level with Liang Xing.

Suddenly smiling she caressed his cheek and then reached higher and suddenly...

"Ah, ah, ah!" Liang Xing felt pain and shouted out like a squealing pig.

"Ma! D-don't pull my ear! Ah, it hurts! Hurts!" he continuously cried out as tears swam in his eyes.

"Xing! You tell me right now, how could it be your own mother does not know that you are proposing to someone almost until the girl's parents came in person to announce the marriage." Madam Liang said as she tugged Liang Xing's ear a few more times.

Laing Xing let his mother pull his ear to her heart's content and then pitifully replied in a voice that sounded as if he was the most wronged person in the world, "Ma, I knew you wouldn't agree...so I acted first and reported later." He was honest about his intention despite how mischievous it was and seemed unabashed about his approach to the whole matter.

Madam Liang suddenly felt a headache coming on. Letting go of his ear Madam Liang went back to her seat.

"Fine, so you acted impetuously. Tell me, how should I punish you?" She asked as she leaned her head on her hand and stared at the young man.

Liang Xing held his hand to his ear and rubbed it so his mother would know he was hurt, then he openly pouted and replied, "Ma, my ear is about to fall off and you still want to punish me more?" He asked like a child as he tried to force a tear out of his eye.

"Xing, did you ever stop to think that I would resent your decision and treat your bride badly?" She asked him.

Liang Xing immediately stopped acting like a child and a seriousness suddenly surrounded him. "Xing knows mother is a virtuous woman who would never act against someone in such a way. Xing knows his wrongs." Xing fell to his knees in repentance and hung his head. It was better to directly receive a punishment then to let his mother hold any resentments toward An An.

Madam Liang sighed. If her son was willing to go so far so this An An then what could she do. "Fine, what is done is done. I cannot go back on this engagement anymore without throwing away the Liang family's face. However, Xing, this is the only time you may act like this. I love you dearly, but I will not tolerate you acting like this again. As the future heir of the Liang family you must remember that all of your actions will have a consequence. Keep that in mind as you see how this decision unfolds." Madam Liang waned, she warned because she knew her son was still young and incautious. She and general Liang had pampered him so much that he could not always perceive the far-reaching consequences of his actions. Standing up she patter his shoulder and then continued out of the room.

Liang Xing was a little puzzled by her last words, but he still enthusiastically thanked his mother.

He he his plan of act first and tell later had worked!

And then his happiness was abruptly interrupted when his mother said some parting words. "Have fun telling your father about this." Madam Liang chuckled, she knew right now her son must look like a fish with a flopping mouth.

In the end it was she who had the last laugh.