Unexpected

As it turned out the little boy had been taking care of 14 other children. All from the ages of 3 to 7 years old. The little boy was 10 and the oldest amongst the children. His malnutrition had caused his growth the stop temporarily, so he had simply looked younger than his own age.

An An and Liang Xing bought a property just at the boundary of the capital and built a huge orphanage. It was so large it rivaled the size of the homes of even the most prominent individuals in the capitol.

The fifteen children were the first occupants alongside Liang Xing and An An.

The children were grateful, to the point that in their hearts they swore to always love and respect Liang Xing and An An. They who had lost their home, their parents, and nearly their lives had gotten a second chance to live!

From the first day the orphanage was created word spread and children continued to enter the orphanage. Some children stayed for a few days before a relative would find them, some would eventually be adopted. The only child that was always constantly there was the little orphan boy who had been the original leader of this small group of disaster children, Su Hu.

5 years passed quickly, and the orphanage flourished and gained a good reputation and fame.

One day, An An, now a twenty some year-old housewife, sweated as the hot sun hit her pallid face while she labored to complete summer clothes for the many children.

Liang Xing and An An despite their wealth handled most of the upkeep and chores of the orphanage personally alongside the children. It made them feel more fulfilled even if it was tiring.

"Aunty Liang~ look I made a flower crown! For you!" A little girl happily hopped over to An An and held out a flower wreath. An An was very touched and her lips curled up just a twinge. The little girl who had been at the orphanage for two years immediately knew that meant An An was very very pleased.

An An bent down a little for the little girl so the little girl could place the wreath on her head, but before the girl could, An An felt incredibly dizzy and fell to her side in a faint.

"Ahhhhh! H-help! Auntie is hurting!" The little girl screamed for help.

------------
"Doctor, what happened to An An?" Liang Xing asked with tremendous anxiety.

The doctor closed his eyes as he felt An An's pulse. " The Madam.... is pregnant..." Such happy news yet the doctor seemed to be in the midst of dread.

Liang Xing quickly picked up on the dread in the doctor's tone and very soon he remembered the words of warning the doctor from so many years before had said. An An could not ever be pregnant lest she wish to put her life in danger.

An An turned her eyes toward Liang Xing to observe his expression. Liang Xing saw her do so and quieted his outer appearance so he would not worry her.

"That is great! Doctor let us allow An An to rest, we can discuss this joyous news further in the other room. " Liang Xing forced himself to be excited and tried to pull out the doctor.

An An slowly opened her mouth. "H-husband, do... you think I am a fool?" She spoke softly with barely any energy but in the quiet room she was clearly heard.

Liang Xing closed his mouth tight. He knew exactly what she meant. He was usually such an open book to An An that she knew everything about him, not only that but how could she not know her own body best.

The doctor halfway in the room and halfway out held his position awkwardly as the couple stared at each other in silent discussion.

An An's face had moved imperceptibly but Liang Xing knew An An was definitely glaring at him. Just as she knew him best, he too knew her best.

Finally, Liang Xing broke down first. "An An don't glare at me! You know a child is impossible for you to have. We were told that so long ago. Your life is most important!" He told her almost desperately.

"Liang Xing!" An An's tone reflected anger. So did her words themselves. She had not called Liang Xing by name for a very long time, he was always 'dear' or 'husband', so it was clear Liang Xing was in trouble.

"Fine, if you want to do this then what can I do!" Liang Xing flung his sleeves and sat down at the foot of the bed. He looked just like a child that had lost his favorite toy, but deep within he was hiding anxiety and fear. His most important person was An An, what would he do if she placed her life in danger as a result of this pregnancy.