The Mastermind

"Aish! Shut up!" A smelly man came up to the wooden cell door and looked at the two girls on the floor impatiently. He had just been about to enjoy his chicken leg and their noise had startled him into dropping it. He was mad!

Su Su was enraged by his tone. "You! Do not be so rude! My Miss wants to talk to you!" Su Su said and glared at the man with the greasy hands and mouth.

An An turned her neck as much as she, and ignoring the pain, coldly stared at the jailer. "You, tell me why you have kidnapped us. Is it for ransom?" She asked. Her tone didn't even sound a tiny bit afraid.

"Tch, you are not worthy enough to know. Now shut up so I can eat in peace! Hmm!" The man scolded them without mercy and then turned his attention back to his food. Angrily he wiped the dirt off his chicken and took a bite.

An An knew things were really bad now. The man had likely not kidnapped them for money, if it was money he would have said so. That meant this was all for something other than money, which made this a very dangerous situation. Money could solve things easily because the Ru Family had a lot of it but aside from that....

"Forget it Su Su, surely someone will come later and tell us what this is really about." An An said and moved around until she was comfortable and then she closed her eyes and quietly fell into a light sleep. It was better to be well rested for whatever might come later then to wallow in fear.

Su Su could only listen. But unlike An An she could not fall asleep so easily!

Three hours later, deep into the night, the door to the prison creaked open and a woman dressed in a white cloak that covered her from head to toe walked in.

Looking around the woman was completely satisfied. She could see the tiny droplets of blood falling from An An's neck, arms, and legs, and it made her feel positively accomplished to see Su Su's pale face as her hands trembled ever so slightly. "Are you afraid now. " The cloaked woman smiled sweetly as she looked down at An An who slowly opened her eyes.

An An stared up at the cloaked woman with calm eyes which showed no fear or emotion. She knew who the cloaked woman was, though she was used to hearing it shrill at her rather than hearing it have soft and sweet tones, she could recognize that cherubic voice anywhere.

"Don't look at me with those eyes!" The cloaked woman shrieked and stomped down on An An's stomach.

"Ah!" An An grunted as she felt incredible pain in her abdomen. Regardless of how strong An An's character was she was still only a weak lady. Being hit in the stomach caused her immense pain to the point that she wanted to roll around, but with her restraints she could only close her eyes as the pain faded.

"Hmm! Stupid minx." The woman liked the feeling so with an even wider smile she kicked again out of anger.

An An tried to move but the chains only clinked, dug into her flesh, and held her in place.

An An's body trembled as she felt her stomach roil. Taking a shallow breath, she turned her bottomless eyes at Su Su and opened her pale mouth, "Lin Ruo, when Liang Xing finds out about this he will not forgive-" An An suddenly felt a rusty taste traveling up her throat. She coughed and blood flew out of her throat and stained her whole face red.

Lin Ruo bit her lip but clenching her fists she did not let fear about Lian Xing finding out overwhelm her. "Do not worry, I will make sure he never finds you. After I finish venting my anger I will make sure neither you nor your servant is recognizable!" Lin Ruo turned around and kicked Su Su this time.

Su Su had wanted to roll over to An An and block the kicks Lin Ruo was delivering but she was restrained by two men Lin Ruo had brought in with her. She was already completely frozen and traumatized after seeing how brutally An An was being treated.

Just at that moment Su Su felt immense pain in her stomach. Lin Ruo's kicks were very harsh because she had chosen to specially wear some shoes with wooden soles.

"Ahhhhh!" Su Su could not hold back her scream. It only took three hard kicks before she fainted.

"Ha ha ha ha stupid servant, see if next time you try to scold this Miss!" Lin Ruo said with anger still flaring within her. Looking at her no one would be able to tell she was only a young lady less than fifteen years old. Her brutality and evils heart were not those of a child.

"You," She pointed at the greasy guard from earlier.

"Yes Miss." The guard asked respectfully as he nervously wiped his hands on his clothes.

"Bring me the whip. I want the one with eleven tails." The girl said with vicious intentions.

The eleven-tail whip was usually reserved for those that were betrayers to the Lin family. It was very thick and had bits of metal stuck to the weaving of each of the tails.