Found

A woman chained to the floor, her dress rumpled and dirty, her face covered in blood, her stomach showing several imprints of a shoe and eyes shut tightly as her face turned purple from pain. That was the first thing Liang Xing saw.

In passing he saw Su Su too, but in his eyes there only ever existed one woman, and that woman, the way she looked right now..... he felt his heart was being ripped out, shredded, and then thrown into a fire piece by piece.

"An An! " He cried out in fear as he fell to his knees beside ger.

"An An," He called out against he pulled at the chain with all his might. But even though the chains were old they were still mighty. The only reward for his action was his hand being pricked hundreds of times by the many spikes on the chains. 

Breathing hard and having lost his wits Liang Xing punched himself as hard as he could.

Immediately the pain helped him to calm down and his rational thoughts began to return. "I need to think. Think!" He told himself and then took a deep breath. 

Turning he saw the first soldier enter the dungeon. "Go back up. Lin Ruo must have a key, bring it. Quickly!" He ordered one of the soldier.

"You go and get a physician. Now!" He ordered another.

"You, go back home and tell my mother to prepare to receive An An and her maid servant. "He told a third.

While he waited he lowered his forehead onto An An's. A tear fell from his eye and slowly traveled down her pallid face.

How could he have let her become like this! He could only blame himself over and over.

An An was his unattainable flower. He loved her so much! It was an irrational love that developed from a chance encounter years before. After that he had watched her almost to the point of being a stalker before he had mustered enough courage to bring himself to send his letter. Yet, now that he had her, he had failed her.

"An An, forgive me." He closed his eyes and kissed her hot forehead. "I promise you, before I ever let you get hurt again I would rather dig my own heart out. " He said to her. He wanted to hug her, but the chains were so tight he was afraid she would be pricked again if he shifter her even an inch.

Finally, the doctor arrived and then the soldier with the key returned too.
Very quickly the chains were removed, and the doctor evaluated An An and then Su Su.

The doctor frowned when he felt the extent of their wounds.

"This young lady," he pointed at Su Su," is not too seriously hurt. She has a bruised rib and a sprained ankle, but it will mend with care and rest. As for this young lady..." he pointed at An An," She has been severely internally injured. Her blood is clotted, and she has two broken ribs. I can treat her, but it will be her own luck if she survives." The doctor warned.

Liang Xing nearly fell from hearing the diagnosis. "Then, t-treat her! Quickly, treat her!" He ordered and pushed the doctor toward An An.

The doctor immediately nodded and took out his acupuncture needles and bandages.

He treated her as best he could on the dungeon floor. Before long the key for the chains was found and after a swift ride the two girls were at the Liang estate in very comfortable accommodations.

Su Su woke up in the middle of the night and was given some pain medication, she would be fine.

As for An An, she developed a fever and spoke deliriously. Sometimes she also cried out in pain and threw out her arms to protect her stomach.

During one such time Liang Xing grabbed her arms and tried to sooth her. "An An you will be fine, you'll be fine." He caressed her cheek and hair. His words were said thought cracked lips watered only by his salty tears. He had not been able to stop crying from the moment she had developed her fever.

He had been with her from the moment she entered the Liang manor and had watched the doctor though every single bit of treatment thus far. 

He was being as attentive as he could but ultimately he could only offer words. Unfortunately, such words did not matter in the face of the fever and pain An An was suffering, for she could no hear them.