Reaction

An An slowly walked to the receiving room and wondered what Liang Xing would say.

She would be very disappointed if he took the rude and crazy girl's side.

Entering the room An An looked at the figure standing at the other side of the room. He was pacing back and forth worried. When he saw her, he jumped up and ran up to her like a puppy that found its lost master.

Liang Xing looked at An An up and down and then finally let out a breath. She seemed not to have a single scratch on her. He pulled her lightly and the unprepared girl easily fell into his arms.

An An did not struggle at all, instead she curled her arms around his waist and held him right back.

"An An you have no idea how worried I was until I saw you. I wondered if Lin Ruo had hurt you." He said as he hugged her tighter.

An An let out a breath she had not realized she had been holding.

"You believe me without hearing my side of the story? She calls you brother so she must be close to you." She mumbled into his chest.

Liang Xing released her and held her at arm's length. His face suddenly broke into a soft and indulging smile.

"An An you are my wife. No one could make me doubt you. I could watch you commit murder and as long as you said I had misunderstood I would question no further." Liang Xing reassured her.

An An blinked. 'Murder... isn't he too indulging?' Though her thoughts were of disbelief her body relaxed completely. Her face reflected her usual calm mask now.

"Liang Xing, who was that girl?" She asked him out of mere curiosity. She did not believe the relationship between Liang Xing and that girl was even close to lovers, but she was still curious. Regardless of what Liang Xing said, since Liang Xing believed in her so wholeheartedly she would definitely return the favor.

Liang Xing considered for a moment before answering. "My father is a general now but in his youth he was just a starry-eyed boy with big dreams. Only one person really believed in him and that was Left minister Lin, who back then was the oldest son of the then Left Minister. Back then they attended the academy together. My father and Left Minister Lin became sworn blood brothers, so Lin Ruo is like my sister, that is all." He kept the story short and left out all the details of suspense and friendship, but the point made it across.

"Oh...." An An thought for a moment. So... Lin Ruo...was the Left Minister's daughter. The girl really was a precious Miss from some influential family.

"Liang Xing, I slapped her did I cause you trouble?" She asked a little worried.
Her usually calm like still water eyes even moved slightly and her eyebrows dropped just a tiny bit.

Liang Xing blinked. Her expression was so adorable! He had never seen this expression. He was so enthralled by An An that he forgot the question.

An An looked down. "I'm sorry. If I had known she was like your sister I would not have hit her." She said as she took a step back. She had mistakenly taken his long silence as an affirmative answer to her question.

"It's just that she hit Su Su very hard. Even now Su Su is in bed with lots of bumps and bruises." An An really felt like a bad girl for causing Liang Xing trouble to the point that she was talking more than her usual and even rambling on a little.

"Eh?" Liang Xing came out of his stupor. "N-no, no problem... actually..." Liang Xing suddenly had an idea. He took a step back and rubbed his head with his hand as if he was really troubled and trying to think of a solution. 

"Actually, my father is really close with Left Minister Lin so my father might get really mad, he might even beat me for not protecting Lin Ruo properly." Liang said with hesitation in his tone. His words sounded completely genuine despite the fact that they were a pack of lies.

"Achoo!" Far away on his way back to the capitol General Liang suddenly sneezed.

"General! Are you getting sick!" One of his trusted soldier's asked with worry.

"No, my stinky son must be talking bad things about me again!" General Liang said. 'Just wait til' I get home stinky brat!' General Liang thought as he sped up his horse. 

An An bit her lip. She hated to trouble Liang Xing and she was really sorry, but she did not regret teaching that rude girl a lesson. "Liang Xing, what if I talk to your father?"

Liang Xing secretly smiled in his heart but outwardly his face assumed a pitiful look as his shoulder's slumped.

"My father is very strong headed. He would not listen to you. Instead..." Liang Xing let his words drift off.

An An immediately took the hint. "Instead what?" she asked as she pulled at his arm.

"If you call me 'husband' from now on I will take my father's beatings regardless of how many he gives me!" Liang Xing's eyes shone brightly and were full of expectation.

An An stared at him wordlessly and before long her face slowly turned bright pink and quickly approached scarlet.

"Liang Xing, you! You lied to me!" She finally realized he had been fibbing to her, so she threw his arm away, turned around, and ignored him.

Liang Xing let a few moments pass but he figured he had gone too far and better apologize instead. He did not want An An mad at him after all.

As he opened his mouth An An took a step forward and suddenly he heard, "H-husband, go home."

Now it was Liang Xing's turn to be speechless. He was so shocked that he didn't even realize An An had left the room.

As for An An she hadn't really been bothered just very very embarrassed.  In the end whether she called him husband now or later it would be the same, they were going to marry soon anyway.

Liang Xing only woke up from his stupor after many minutes had passed. Rubbing the back of his head with his hand Liang Xing blushed and unsteadily went home as he had been told,