Escalating into Murderous Intent

Liang Xing immediately paused. He was not stupid. A daughter of a merchant family by the name Ru? Surely Lin Ruo knew better than to trouble his sweetheart, right?

Liang Xing took another close at Lin Ruo. True her face was swollen and so were her eyes from all her crying but if he looked closely her palm was also very red.

Ling Xing reached out for her hand and grabbed it some strength. He glared at the red hand for several second and then threw it away.
"Lin Ruo, let me be clear with you. If you cause any trouble with An An I will never take your side. " Liang Xing was clear on who he supported and since his future wife was being threatened there was no way he wouldn't make matters clear now.

Lin Ruo was hearing his words, but she was not comprehending them. She must have misheard, that must be it.
"Xing Ge, are you saying you would take that lowly merchant girl's side rather than mine? You are saying this even though we have known each other since our childhoods? Even though we are close to each other than any other?" Her voice raised to a higher pitch with every word until she was shrieking like a banshee, and her words became almost incomprehensible.

Liang Xing's eyebrows dropped lower and lower as he listened to her, his lips pursed tightly. Now he knew for sure that Lin Ruo had made trouble for An An. Otherwise how could she have known An An's actual name.

"Lin Ruo, I will never repeat myself again. An An is my wife. Leave her alone or if you want to be near her then honor her properly as your sister in law." Liang Xing added that last part to make sure Lin Ruo knew he only saw her as a sister.
Lin Rio's eyes filled with real tears and her eyes trembled as they slowly fell. Her heart felt like it was shattering. She had developed feelings for Liang Xing from a very young age and she naturally thought they would always be together, but today he was denying her!

"Xing Ge, you are cruel." She said with a trembling watery voice as her body shook.

Liang Xing turned around and ignored her. Lin Ruo was known for having sudden temper tantrum every now and then , and sometimes those tantrums ended with people being hurt, so now his only thought was to see An An.

That was why he failed to see when Lin Ruo straightened her back, dried her eyes, and came to the decision that if someone was in the way she needed simply to remove them. An easy fix.

Lin Ruo left the Liang Manor and as soon as she got home she asked her servants to get her nine tailed cat tail whip.

----------------------

At the Ru manor.

"Miss, I feel really dizzy." Su Su was laying on a bed as she held a cloth bathed in cold water to a large bump that had developed on her head. She already had one laying on her swollen cheek and she was keeping the hand that hurt immobile as much as possible.

It could be said that An An won the battle but there were casualties.

"Of course you would be. You hit your head very hard. Luckily the doctor said you only suffered a bump that will heal soon." An An dipped another cloth in the cold water and exchanged it with the one Su Su had.

Despite being master and servant An An felt there was nothing wrong with helping Su Su as if she, An An, was the maid. This was because An An treated Su Su as her own sister. That was just how close the girls were.

Su Su had been given to her when she was only three and Su Su just barely four years old. They literally grew up together and shared in the good and the bad.

"Miss, who was that girl? She was like a beast that just charged forward without thinking. A mad beast!" Su Su said as she slammed her free hand onto the soft bed.

"Sssss!" Su Su had just moved her wounded arm and immediately felt the repercussions. She shut her eyes to endure the pain. Her face looked like she had eaten a sour lemon whole.

An An sighed. " Su Su, stop moving already. I do not know who that girl was, but she was dressed very exquisitely. Her status could not have been low." An An was the daughter of a very wealthy and successful merchant so she had recognized just how fine the clothing the angry girl wore was and she knew that the ornaments worn on the girl's hands and hair were one of a kind, definitely made by hand after countless hours. Surely someone like that had a high status, one that should not easily be slighted.

Su Su furrowed her brow.

"Miss, did I get us in trouble." She asked, regretting her actions for the first time.

An An shook her head. "I do not know, I only know two things for sure. One, that girl was way out of line and two she knows Liang Xing." An An had not forgotten the girl had called Xing brother.

Just at that moment a servant entered hurriedly.

"Young Miss, Young Master Liang is seeking an audience. He seems to have something heavily weighing on his mind because he tried to come directly here." The servant girl reported.

An An nodded. "You stay here with Su Su and help her soak her wound." An An said to the servant.

An An took quick steps so she could see Liang Xing sooner. She knew Laing Xing would come. That girl must have gone to him soon after their confrontation. Now she wondered what Liang Xing would do. An An due to her personality deficiencies was a very straight forward person. She could tolerate many things but never betrayal.