Worried Parent

Lin Ruo refused steadfastly to reveal An An's location so Liang Xing was left with no choice. 

Turning to the soldiers he issued his order. "Turn this manor upside down, if you have to break everything in sight. If An An is not in plain sight then there is a secret room and there must be a switch for it. Search!" Immediately after hearing the order the soldiers that had remained quiet all the while dispersed and within seconds expensive and one of a kind porcelain shattered, tables and chairs became useless wood, clothes ripped, and the destruction continued until the entire manor looked like nothing more than a garbage dump.

Lin Ruo watched with an open mouth and her face crumbled. "Xing ge, you are so mean. I only hurt her a little bit, and yet look, not only did she hurt my cheek," Lin Ruo pointed at her now pristine pale cheek, "but she also dirtied my dress!" She pointed at the blood stains that reflected so glaringly against the pure white background.

Liang Xing just shook his head. 'How did I never see that Lin Ruo was so horrible, so cruel, so crazy?' He thought as he stared down at her with incredulous eyes.

An hour later the whole manor was in disarray and destruction. The soldiers had been incredibly efficient, but their search had not borne any fruit.

Liang Xing nearly exploded hearing that nothing was found. Taking two steps forward he gripped Lin Ruo's shoulders with great force and spoke right into her face. "Where is she?" He was so upset and agitated that veins were visibly pulsating on his forehead.

"Xing ge you are hurting me!" Lin Ruo complained and whimpered as tears filled her eyes.

Liang Xing had enough. He raised his hand and slapped Lin Ruo.
"Lin Ruo, do you really not see that you have done wrong? Do you really not see that your actions are hurting others?" He asked her in desperation.

Lin Ruo shook her head and closed her eyes. "I don't know what you are talking about!" She cried.

Liang Xing let her go and closed his eyes. When he opened them again his emotions had evaporated.

"Bring me a stick." He told one of the soldiers. 

The soldier searched for one and returned shortly.

Liang Xing looked at the stick and wondered where things had gone wrong. Lin Ruo was like his little sister. He loved her like one too. Since he was an only child she had been very special to him, but today he saw a face of hers he had never imagined. 

"An An is very important to me Lin Ruo. Without her I would be lost. This is the last time I ask, where is she?" He said calmly.

Lin Ruo looked up at him then the stick and trembled. "I- I won't say." She replied and shut her eyes.

Liang Xing pursed his lips and waved the stick down at Lin Ruo's arm.

"Ah!" When the stick hit her arm Lin Ruo could help but shriek in pain.
The second time it hit her leg and she fell down. 

"Stop! Stop!" A voice yelled and a man took the stick from Liang Xing's hands.

Lin Ruo opened her watery eyes. "Daddy!" She stood up with wobbly motions and hugged her father's arm as she cried so very pitifully. "D-daddy! Hu hu hu hu--"

Left Minister Lin took his little girl into his arms and glared at Liang Xing.
"Liang Xing, how dare you treat Lin Ruo like this. Apologize immediately!" He said with a reverberating voice that resounded throughout the entire room.

Liang Xing shook his head. "I cannot and I will not. Lin Ruo has done a wrong that cannot be repaired by me backing down. As long as she tells me where An An is I will pretend this never happened, otherwise I will personally punish her until she tells me!" Liang Xing knew this would strain if not end the ties between the Lin and the Liang families, but he still had to say it.

An An's life hung in the balance!