Reactions

After a very long silence An An's eyes were filled with a film of tears. One by one small droplets fell from her eyes, traveled down her cheeks, and fell onto her clothing.

Her facial paralysis made her look all the more pitiful, because her eyes could only crease slightly down to express her deep sadness and disappointment. She looked like a mannequin that suddenly found life.

Liang Xing only woke up from his stupor when he saw those falling tears. He took out a handkerchief and carefully cleaned her tears stained face.

"An An, don't cry. Even if we cannot have children that is not the end of the world...just look aren't there so many children out there wanting a mother to love them?" He asked her as he leaned forward and gently hugged her.

An An felt his love and was drowning in it, but she still hurt. She hurt so much!

Even within Liang Xing's embrace her body shook as her sobs overtook her. Before long the pain from her scarred and tired body also returned with a vengeance. "Ah ah ah!" The pain from her wounds compounded together with her mental anguish until she could not take it anymore. Finally, short of breath and lightheaded, her body rested completely on Liang Xing's chest as she fainted. 

Master Ru watched from the back but could not bring himself to separate the couple. 

Liang Xing laid An An down again and tucked her in carefully.
"Father, please call the Doctor over." Liang Xing said through trembling lips. He wanted Master Ru to leave for a moment so that he, Liang Xing, could have a second to compose himself. 

Master Ru nodded and went out.

Liang Xing released a breath and he sat on the floor, curled into a ball, and quietly sobbed. That day he drank a mouthful of salty tears he would never forget the taste of for the rest of his life.

Once Liang Xing's tears calmed down, he spoke inaudibly to himself. "An An I have truly been lacking. We have not even married, and I have already caused you this irreversible wrong." He wanted to pick An An up and hold her tight. He wanted to roll into the blanket and hide her somewhere within himself so no one could hurt her, but he was incompetent. He could only reach out to grab her hand and squeeze it reassuringly.

Moments later the Doctor arrived.

"Young master." The Doctor bowed.

Liang Xing turned around and looked at the Doctor through red rimmed eyes. 

"Doctor. Check An An first. She fainted earlier." Liang Xing said. He asked the Doctor to check An An only to be sure, but he already knew An An would never be completely fine again.

The Doctor complied and took An An's pulse and also did some other minor checks. "Young master the Young Madam is fine. She will naturally wake up when she needs to. Her medicine should continue to be administered on time." The Doctor concluded as he bowed respectfully and waited for further direction.

"Very well. Now Doctor, let us step out. " Liang Xing said and left the room.
The Doctor naturally followed.

As soon as they were hearing distance away Liang Xing turned around abruptly and pushed the Doctor against the wall. Pulling at the Doctor's lapel Liang Xing forced the slightly shorter man to stand on tip toe and stare Liang Xing in the eye. "How dare you keep something so important hidden from Me!?" Liang Xing growled at the man.

The Doctor trembled, and had it not been for Liang Xing holding him up, he probably would have fallen on his bum.

"Y-young master! This lowly one did not mean to keep anything h-hidden!" The Doctor tried very hard to calm Liang Xing.

"I didn't know until yesterday, and at that time I had to confirm my diagnosis. I sought out my master to check. This is such a grave diagnosis I had to be sure!" The Doctor quickly explained.

He really didn't mean to keep a secret he was just being cautious!