In the Belly

Now that Liang Xing had given in An An looked back at the doctor who was still awkwardly standing halfway in and halfway out of the room.

"Go on doctor," An An invited.

The doctor looked over at Liang Xing then An An and sighed. Only he would choose the one job that would put him in such an awkward position between a couple.

"Very well Young Madam Liang. As Young Lord Liang said, it is a fact that Young Madam will be greatly burdened and perhaps your life will be in danger if Young Madam chooses to have this child. The chances of your child actually being born are only fifty percent, the chances of it being born alive perhaps halve that." The doctor tried to be candid because more than one life was in danger.

An An sighed. She was discouraged by the odds, but the odds for her to even become pregnant had been dismal to begin with. Now she was pregnant, how could she not try to give birth to the child despite the danger that might face her.

Liang Xing was also quite joyous at the fact that a child was now in An An stomach, but what should he do? He loved her so deeply he would lose himself if An An were to die. Blame him for being selfish, blame him for being a bad father, but don't take away his An An!

"An An, please don't do this." He pleaded with An An as he crumpled the bed sheets covering her with his shaking fists.

An An looked over at Liang Xing but couldn't keep her eyes on him. She understood his feelings, but she also knew what she had to.do.

"Doctor, prescribe whatever medicine needs to be prescribed. I will give birth to this child regardless of the consequences. "An An said as she placed a protective hand over her still flat belly.

The doctor could only nod and left the room to write the prescriptions and instructions.

Liang Xing stood up and walked over to stand beside An An. His entire body shook, and he felt faint at the thought of the future. "You will really do this?" He asked her with tears swimming in his eyes but refusing to fall.

An An still could not look at him so she simply closed her eyes. "Husband, forgive me. " she said sincerely but without remorse.

An An felt like she was somehow betraying Liang Xing with her choice but how could she bare to let go of the opportunity to be a mother. She loved all of the children in the orphanage dearly but being with them only made her want to have her own child even more.

Liang Xing's tears fell as soon as he heard her words. How could he be so selfish as to drive her to apologize for her simple wish as a woman and as a wife. "An An there is nothing for you to apologize for. This all started with my mistakes. Just know... if anything happens you...you will not have to go alone." He told her hoarsely.

An An 's eyes flew open. Her cold face turned even chillier as she found strength from the middle of nowhere and pulled Liang Xing down by his lapel. "Liang Xing, I will never forgive you nor acknowledge you if you take your own life should I die!" She said through gritted teeth.

Liang Xing's tears continued to fall but he only looked down at her stubbornly and refused to retract his words.