A Walk

Such a cute first date~

Enjoy,

Serena12195

---------------------------------

The following afternoon An An was ready to receive visitors. She had put on a very nice and stylish pink dress with a butterfly pattern and wore a comfortable pair of shoes.

Her hair was also styled nicely in a loose braid that fell down her thin back. Her hair was loose in the front and framed her small faces making her look like a cute little creature.

Almost at exactly noon Su Su ran into An An's room excitedly.
"Miss! Miss, he really came! And he is soooo handsome!" Su Su said in one breath.

An An felt the tip of her ears heat up, but her hair covered them so only she herself knew she was feeling awkwardly shy and embarrassed.

"Um." An An answered in an unconcerned tone and slowly walked to the receiving room. Five minutes later she spotted Liang Xing for the first time.

Indeed, Liang Xing was handsome, in a heroic way. His hair was worn up high held together with a jade crown, his face was clean and angular, his bones looked strong and he was tall. His clothes were of a simple pattern but they were made of very good cloth.

An An was not too familiar with the Liang family but the name did sound familiar so she knew they were at least of the same class.

As for Liang Xing, he almost swallowed his tongue when he saw An An.
''Such a vision'' he unconsciously whispered under his breath.

When she was right before him he bowed like a gentleman and greeted her properly.
"Good day miss Ru, I am Liang Xing." He said in a soft and gentle tone. His voice was like a caress of the wind.

An An nodded and bowed back without saying anything.

Luckily, she didn't have to.

Liang Xing took reins over the conversation and spoke about anything and everything as they walked toward the park.

Occasionally An An nodded, but to those looking in from the third person, she looked totally disinterested.

"Ha-ha Miss Ru, I started my bad habit again and went off on a tangent." Once they arrived at the middle of the park Liang Xing said bashfully and waited for An An to scold him.

An An looked up at the cherry blossom trees and watched their petals dance as they fell.

"The trees look very nice. The petals are dancing. What do you think?" She asked slowly and barely audibly.

Liang Xing's eyebrows rose up higher than his hairline as a twinkle appeared in his eyes and his mouth spread into an enthusiastic grin. 'That means I can talk again, right?" He paused for a moment. Then seeing as she said no more, he decided that had to be it.

As it turned out An An not only did not dislike Liang Xing's talkative nature but she actually very much liked it.

Usually, because of how quiet and unexpressive she was others tended to be very awkward around her so Liang Xing's personality was just perfect for her.

Just before evening Liang Xing walked An An back before dinner hour.
Standing at her gate he took out a hair ornament and held it in front of her with two hand which trembled ever so slightly.

"Miss Ru, this... I hope you can accept this as a small token of my affection " He said unsure of what the outcome would be.

An An looked down at the hair ornament and reached out to pick it up.
It was made old gold and decorated with delicate and exquisite cherry blossom petals.

An An's lips moved up ever so slightly.
Even though the movement was slight Liang Xing did not miss it. His mouth popped open and he felt his heart speed up.

'Oh no! I've been struck by the arrow of love again!' He thought as he almost staggered backwards.

An An took the ornament and placed it in her hair.
It looked like it had been made precisely for her.

An An turned around toward her house, took a step, and then stopped. With her back to Liang Xing she said, "You can call me An An." Then she went into her house, it was time for dinner.

Liang Xing stood outside her gate so long that Zi Hao had to practically drag him away.

Both Zi Hao and Su Su had been following the couple quietly from behind the whole day for proprieties' sake, and this was not how either of them envisioned the day to end.