Marriage Matron Comes

Enjoy,

Serena12195

_________________

Three days later Zi Hao escorted a marriage matron to the Ru estate.

Even though Liang Xing wanted to get married as soon as possible everyone knew a proper marriage was done with: one, the approval of the parents of both parties and two, the help of a marriage matron.

If not because Liang Xing wanted to marry An An with full wedding regalia he would not have called the matron, because now the wedding date would be dragged out for up to 2 months!

The Ru parents sat in their receiving room and listened to the wedding matron.

As for them, as long as An An liked her partner they were alright with it. An An was their only child and their only wish was that An An be happy.

First, they listened to general information about the joining of two families, this only took a few minutes. Then the matron started talking about how An An was such a good daughter that knew to find a good partner, and even knew to search in a higher class then her own. Truly such an honor for their family.

That made both Ru parents pause and blink as they tried to process those last few words. They actually had not inquired too much about the groom so far. Their daughter had surprised them with her determination to marry just the day before. They had just barely gotten over that shock when already the marriage matron was at their door. So, to hear about a groom that might be of a higher class now... well that was troublesome. Very troublesome.

"Matron, would you elaborate on what you just said?" Madam Ru finally asked politely.

The matron blinked in confusion. Which part of what she said wasn't clear.
"Madam Ru, this old matron is not astute. Which part do you want this matron to elaborate on? " She asked back twice as respectfully.

"Why do you say the groom is a higher class." Master Ru asked.

The matron now understood. Perhaps, she must have offended them by placing them in a lower class then the groom, but it was the truth. Now she could only stick to the truth and butter them up somehow.

"Young lord Liang is the son of a heroic military family that has been standing since the founding of this proud Kingdom, the Liang Family. He is the only son of the first wife and is both very learned and great at martial arts. The number of ladies that want to marry him in longer than then even I, this marriage matron, can imagine. Very few families could ever be said to be their equal; however, the Ru family is very wealthy and has a great reputation... therefore, the Ru family would certainly not fall behind the Liang family when it comes to wealth." Before she could continue to butter up the Rus, Mr. Ru raised his hand in a 'quiet ' motion.

"Wife, do you know the Liangs?" He asked.

Madam Liang nodded. Who didn't know the Liangs. Even she, a simple woman knew them.

"Ai! This daughter of mine. So many Liang families to pick from and she chose THE Liang family!" Madam Ru said a little exasperated.

Master Ru also frowned at the prospect.

The couple wanted their daughter to live happily, but how could they guarantee that when their daughter wanted to marry into a powerful military family. The Ru family was incredibly wealthy, but they had no titles to speak of, much less any clout which they could use to lord over the Liang family.

"Is something the matter?" The marriage matron asked, finally realizing something was bothering the Ru couple.

Madam Ru shook her head. "There is nothing wrong, however I will have to ask Marriage Matron to return tomorrow. Master Ru and I have something important that has come up." Madam Ru dismissed the marriage matron and gave Master Ru a look.

Master Ru nodded and called for the carriage. Their daughter's future was at stake and this matter needed to be taken care of now.