THIRTY TWO

"Everyone who knew Mr.B always recalled him to be a man with a heart of gold," the preacher spoke as they all sat in the pews of the church, silently letting the tears fall as they mourned the loss of an innocent soul.

Given the fact that she hadn't fully recovered, Dani had only been released for the occasion by Dr.S just as long as she promised to be back in the confines of her hospital room by the time it was over. David, on the other hand, hadn't suffered as much as his daughter had, so the only things he had to deal with were his still-healing arm and ankle.

A light squeeze to her hand caused Dani to look down on her left to see her baby brother sporting a pout. She gave him a sad smile as she wrapped her arm around him and pulled him into her side, which he instantly snuggled into. Though he was only five, Frankie had managed to form a bond with Mr.B just as strong as they all had at his age, which made Dani's heart ache even more at the thought of it. It wasn't fair.

It would never be fair.

Henry was gone, but he had still managed to cause them all one last heartbreak before he went, and it just wasn't fair.

"If anyone has any last words to say about Mr.B, you are now allowed to do so," the preacher informed them before sitting down in his chair.

Dani looked around with a frown as no one appeared to be making a move to get up. Though she couldn't say she'd blamed them since they were all still in mourning, it wouldn't have hurt them to say at least one thing or two for his brothers' sake.

She let out a deep breath before slowly rising from the pew, which caused her family's eyes to widen as they looked at her in surprise, and she gave them a look of reassurance to let them know that she would be fine to do it.

Michelle helped her out of the aisle before David took it upon himself to help her in her chair and wheel her up to the front since he'd upgraded to wearing a removable brace around his foot. Dani gave him a small smile of gratitude as he walked back to his seat before she sighed again and looked out into the crowd. Her gaze landed on Dr.S and Mr.W, who both gave her sad, tearful smiles.

Dani let out a shaky breath before she began to speak.

"Um...Hi, everyone. I uh...I didn't think that I would ever have to do this, but uh...I guess life has a mind of its own sometimes," she mumbled before her gaze moved over to a familiar shade of green that caused her heart to jump.

Mikey gave her a small smile of encouragement that she returned with a small smile of her own before continuing, though her nerves were almost completely over the edge.

"Um..Mr...Mr.B was...um...he was actually the one to teach me how to ride a bike without training wheels," Dani managed to say as a small smile graced her features again at the memory.

"Now this right here is the brake," Mr.B explained to a seven-year-old Dani, who looked as if she could pass out.

"You press on this here when you want to stop," he continued to explain.

Dani looked up at him. "But what if it doesn't work?" she questioned with squinted eyes as the sun shone brightly on her face.

The adult male pig let out a deep chuckle. "I don't think that's possible, Dani Dear," he said with a smile.

"I remember I was so afraid, I had to make him promise not to let go," she said and smiled at the sound of small laughter.

"Mr.B, you CAN'T let go, alright?!" Dani told her godfather sternly.

Mr.B gave her a playful salute. "Will do Dani Dear."

She gave him a look.

"Mr.B, this is serious!! You absolutely, positively, can NOT let go!!" she exclaimed with a pout, which made Mr.B nod his head, though it was obvious he was holding back a smile.