TWENTY SEVEN

Dani woke up with a groan as she could feel a painful throbbing against the back of her head. The sound of gravel being run over caught her attention, and it was only then that she opened her eyes to see that wherever she was...it was dark. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to move her arms, only to discover that they were tied together with a rope. Looking down, Dani raised an eyebrow at the fact she could easily undo the rope around her hands. Meaning whoever tried to kidnap her...

Was an absolute idiot.

Another groan of pain came out of Dani's mouth as the driver ran over an object in the road, which caused her body to jump up and a shot of pain to rush through her skull. She closed her eyes as she tried to remember everything that had happened before she passed out, and her eyes shot right back open in shock once the memories came flooding in.

Dani slowly walked over to the bed where a sleeping Henry lied and frowned as she noticed that his body wasn't moving at all. Behind her, Henry soundlessly emerged from his closet with a hard object in his hand and watched with his signature smirk as she fell right into his trap.

Dani's frown only deepened as she inched closer to the bed without -what she had assumed to be- Henry making any movement at all. A gasp of shock left her mouth as she pulled the covers back, only to discover that what she saw in the bed was a bunch of pillows.

"What the hell?!" she exclaimed before Henry made his move as he successfully knocked her unconscious.

"Clever bastard," Dani muttered to herself and grunted as she was thrown again once the car came to a complete stop.

Just as she heard the sound of footsteps approaching, a plan formed in Dani's mind, and she quickly shut her eyes as the trunk door opened.

"And the sleeping beauty remains..."

She heard his voice say before she felt hands begin to pick her body up. Before they could fully lift her, however, Dani opened her eyes and grunted as she hit her head against Henry's, which caused him to groan out in pain and take a shocked step back.

Jumping out of the trunk to reveal her untied hands, Dani glared at the wolf with eyes full of hatred. "Oh, Hello there, Henry. What a surprise it is to see you here," she mocked before launching herself at him.

Henry's eyes widened as he looked at her before they both fell to the ground with Dani gaining the upper hand as she landed on top of him and punched him as hard as she could before screaming out in shock as she was forced onto her back.

The feeling of Henry's nails scraping down her body caused Dani to cry out in pain before she gasped as she felt a hard punch to her stomach.

"I should've ended you ages ago!!" Henry yelled in disgust as he took another hit, which made Dani cry out again.

The feeling of hands wrapping around her throat caused her to gasp for air as she looked into his devilish eyes.

"You..are...NOTHING!!" he exclaimed with a glare.

Dani screamed as she brought her arm out and pistol-whipped him as hard as she could, which caused him to fall back to the ground unconscious. Sitting up with a cough, Dani looked at him as she held her hand up to her throat and frowned as she noticed her cape was missing before she slowly got up as she realized the only thing she did was knock him out.

It wasn't over.

Without a second thought, Dani took off in a random direction without any clue as to where he had taken her. She just hoped to the heavens above that there were people around.