TWO

Making her way to Mr.B's Bakery through the Villa, Dani smiled at the sight of a familiar female bear as she stood outside of her floral shop.

"Hi, Mama Bear!" Dani called out with a wave.

Mama Bear turned around and waved back with a smile as she said, "Hello, dear!! You look lovely today!"

"Oh, thank you! Mother says your sweaters should be available for pick up tomorrow at noon," Dani informed her.

"Okay, dear, thank you! Have a wonderful day!"

"You too!" Dani said and headed off to Mr.B's Bakery.

Despite the nightmares it held and the horrible judicial system, StoryBrooke was a reasonably good town filled with relatively gentle townsfolk. It seemed as if everyone had a story of their own, which sort of brought them closer together as a community. As strange as it may have sounded coming from her, Dani honestly couldn't imagine herself living anywhere else.

Storybrooke was her home, and she'd be damned if she were to allow anyone to take it away from her.

A bell ringing above her head signified Dani's entrance as she walked into the bakery and smiled as she instantly spotted her best friend right at the cash register. Greta gave the girl a smile in return once she looked up and saw her.

"Hey! It's about time you showed up- Ooo are those Momma's pancakes?!" she asked as she saw the bag in her best friend's hand.

Dani rolled her eyes playfully and nodded. "Yep. Frankie insisted you have some, which means you must be pretty special if he's willing to give up some of Momma's pancakes for you," she mocked while giving the blonde a knowing look.

That time, it was Greta's turn to roll her eyes playfully as she took the bag and walked beside Dani to the back room. Luckily, the bakery wouldn't officially open until 11:30, so the girls still had about five minutes to fully prepare themselves.

"You're damn right I'm special!! Tell him I said thank you!... Oh! and give him this for me!"

Before Dani could ask what it was that Greta wanted her to give her brother, a big sloppy kiss to the side of her face caused her to grimace.

"Eww, Greta gross!" she exclaimed and wiped at her cheek.

Greta laughed as she unwrapped her plate and began to dig in.

"I honestly don't know what he sees in you...anyone who messes with Goldi Locks is automatically unappealing to me," Dani told her best friend with a playful smirk.

Greta scoffed at her words, which kind of grossed Dani out because a piece of pancake flew out her mouth, before she said, "Don't you ever mention that she-devil's name again!! I don't even want to acknowledge her existence."

"Hm. That's funny considering you were talking about her non-stop just last month," Dani retorted.

Greta rolled her eyes. "Shut up!!"

Dani laughed as she tied her apron on and headed to the kitchen.

As it turned out, porridge wasn't the only thing Goldi was good at stealing. It was surprising to Dani that Greta had even started dating her in the first place since they'd hated each other throughout Middle and the majority of High school. Plus, Greta had a thing for people's personalities, and Goldi didn't exactly have the best one. The girl had a major talent for getting under people's skin, which wasn't shocking there since she broke into someone's home at seven years old.

"Good morning Mr.B!" Dani greeted the male pig that occupied the kitchen as she walked in.

Yes, Dani had just eaten bacon for breakfast. But don't worry, everything made around StoryBrooke was plant-based.