SIXTY

"Stop, baby."

A smirk curved on Mikey's lips at the sound of Dani's giggling as he continued to nip at her ear. "Are you sure that you want me to? That didn't sound too genuine," he said before Dani was forced to walk backward as he turned her body around to face him.

"You're so beautiful," he murmured before bending his head down to kiss her.

"God, you're already an hour late, Mikey!!"

Heat flooded Dani's cheeks as Mikey turned her around to face his amusement-filled brother, and it was then that she'd noticed they had made it inside the station.

Mikey shrugged. "I would say I'm sorry, but we all know I'm not," he said as he pulled Dani back into his arms when she tried to walk away.

She rolled her eyes at the same time as John.

"You two are like animals...though I will say it's good to see that you're back on good terms," he said as a small smile graced his features.

Dani gave him an apologetic look as she said, "I'm sorry about last night, John."

John gave the girl a dismissive wave. "Forget about it. You're all good. Promise," he said before shrugging. "I knew you two would work it out anyway. A bond like that is way too strong to break."

A confused pout made its way onto Dani's face as she tilted her head before she groaned as the realization hit her. "You too, John?"

"Sorry, Dani, but even I have to admit that you two are meant for each other," the man said with another shrug.

Mikey laughed and kissed Dani's head as she rolled her eyes at John's words.

"You two just balance each other out, you know? You always have. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner if I'm being honest-"

"Alright, big bro. We get it," Mikey interrupted with a laugh as Dani laid her head back against his chest with an amused smile.

John immediately looked flustered as he pushed his glasses up against his face. "Oh...Yeah...Right," he said before clearing his throat. "You ready to go?"

Mikey nodded in answer before he turned Dani around to face him, which caused her to tilt her head in question.

"We're not going to be any more than an hour, okay?" he said in a tone that caused her to nod with furrowed brows.

"Okay?... Why does that sound like you're going in without me?" she asked.

Mikey sighed and looked away from her, which caused Dani to stand up straighter and ask, "Mikey? What's going on?"

"Uh, Dani?" John cut in, making her turn around with a frown. "We uh... Mikey told me you were coming, and we both agreed that it'd be better if you stayed out here."

Anxiety immediately bubbled in Dani's chest as she shook her head and said, "Wh...What?! No...No!! I'm not just going to-...I mean, you can't just-... What if he-"

"Hey, hey, shh," Mikey said as he turned her around to face him. "We're going to be okay, Dans. I'm going to be okay. He's not going to hurt us."

Dani scoffed and said, "You think that's supposed to make me feel better? I'm not just going to stand out here and let you two go in there with him!"

"And you think I'm just going to let you go in there when he hates you?!" Mikey snapped. "Are you forgetting when I told you I jumped on him because he said something about you?!"

"Mikey," John said from behind them. "Calm yourself. Now."

Mikey closed his eyes with a sigh before he pulled Dani closer and pressed his forehead against hers as he said, "I'm not letting you go with me to see a man that hates you just as much as he does me. I'm sorry, but I just can't, okay? Please understand that."