SIXTY ONE

"Mikey!!" Dani shouted as she made her way outside to see him walking towards his car.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry," Mikey mumbled to himself as she got closer to him.

"Mikey baby, stop!! Hey! Look at me!!"

A strong tug immediately pulled at Dani's heartstrings as Mikey slowly lifted his head to look at her after being forced to stop walking when she stepped in front of him.

"I'm sorry, Dans," he said with a sob and shook his head. "I'm not that person. I was never that person."

"Shh, shh baby. I know you aren't," she murmured to him while caressing his face. "It's okay, Mikey. We know you didn't mean to, it's okay."

Mikey let out another sob as he said, "I pushed him. I pushed my brother when he was... he was just trying to help me!"

"Oh, Mikey," Dani mumbled and brought him into her arms.

Immediately, he wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his head into her shoulder as he began to cry.

"Mikey baby, it's okay. You have to believe that it's okay, babe. We know you didn't mean to. We know that, okay?" she said while rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm not him," Mikey said and shook his head again. "I'm not, I never want to be like him."

Tears formed in Dani's eyes as she kissed his cheek and said, "Shh baby. You're not him. You're right, you're not, and you never will be. I know who you are, Mikey. And never have you ever been anything remotely like him."

Mikey tightened his grip on her waist and kissed her neck. "I love you so much. Please don't leave me."

"As if," Dani said with a laugh. "Sorry, sweetie, but we've already established that this is a forever thing."

"Having you by my side forever?" Mikey questioned as he pulled back with a small smile. "Is something I definitely look forward to."

"Well, it's a good thing I think the same," she told him with a smile and gently wiped the tears from his cheeks. "And there it is...That beautiful smile I love so much."

The sound of Mikey's laughter caused Dani's own smile to grow before her eyes fluttered closed as he leaned down to kiss her lips.

"I honestly don't know what I'd do without you," he softly said with his forehead against hers.

A small smile was on Dani's lips as she said, "Probably the same thing I would do if I didn't have you."

Mikey raised an eyebrow in silent question.

"Spontaneously combust," her eyebrows furrowed in slight thought, "If soulmates are real, I'm pretty sure you're mine, which means we probably wouldn't be able to live without each other."

Blinking herself out of her thoughts, a grin formed on Dani's lips as Mikey laughed at her and said, "You're adorable."

"And you're really cute," she said and kissed his cheek. "Though you do need some tissue to wipe that nose of yours."

"Shut up!" Mikey said with a laugh as Dani did the same while going into her purse.

He then frowned as she suddenly shivered in his arms and he asked, "What's wrong, baby?"

"Is it just me, or is it really cold out here all of a sudden?" Dani asked with a frown while looking up at him.

Mikey's frown deepened as he pulled his jacket closer to her body and said, "Dans, it's ninety degrees out...Come on, let's get you home."