SEVENTEEN

A couple of days had passed since Henry's attack, and officers had still refused to believe that he was Dani and Frankie's attacker. Since they refused to believe that what she was telling them was the truth, Dani had decided that she would refuse to tell them any more information until they realized that whatever Henry had told his parole officer had been a lie.

Given the fact that she would be stuck in the hospital for a while, her best friend and boyfriend were providing her with company while David had returned to work, and her mother had gone out with Frankie since he still refused to be without one of their parents. Since their house was currently under renovation due to Henry's attack, Dani's family had to stay at the hotel across the street until it was ready for them to move back in. He hadn't done much damage to it, but David had insisted they get an upgrade on their security system so that they wouldn't have a repeat of history. Fortunately, the hotel owners were very understanding of their current situation and allowed them to stay there as long as need be.

"And...there!" Greta said as she finished marking up Dani's cast and smiled proudly at her artwork.

Mikey walked over to see what she'd done and grimaced. "God, G. You know she has to go out in public with that on, right?"

"Yep," Greta simply said with a smirk.

Dani snorted and asked, "Do I even want to know what it is?"

"Nope," the two answered at the same time while shaking their heads.

"So. Are those idiot officers still refusing to believe that Henry was the one who hurt you?" Greta questioned as she walked over and plopped down beside Dani on the bed.

"Yep," Dani told the girl with a sigh and laid her head on her shoulder. "I don't know what else to do to persuade them. I've told them everything that happened that night, but they still tell me that my brain must've reimagined it or something."

Greta scoffed. "That's such bull-"

"That's so stupid!" Mikey cut the blonde off, making her glare at him. "I mean, who else would've done that to you guys?! No other person in this entire town has that kind of motive against you!!"

"That's what I'm saying!! Why would I lie about something like that?!.. It just doesn't make any sense as to why they'd believe him over me," Dani said with a shake of her head. "Especially Jack...I mean, I thought our friendship meant a lot more to him than that...I thought that I meant a lot more to him than that."

Greta frowned and rubbed Dani's back as Mikey narrowed his eyes. "Oh, D, it'll be okay," she said as Dani sighed softly.

She'd told herself that she wouldn't let it get to her, but the hurt from it was just way too strong for her to ignore.

Jack had always been like the big brother Dani had never had, and she could always go to him whenever she needed advice or just comfort from another friend. In the days following her first breakup with Mikey, Jack would come over constantly just to allow her to cry into his shoulder so that she wouldn't be alone since Greta and Han's father had gotten sick around that time. He had always been one of the closest friends she'd had outside of Mikey, Greta, and Hans, so for all of it to just end the way it had...it was hard for her not to feel sad about it.

"I don't see why you're so surprised about it," Mikey muttered. "The guy's never been trustworthy. I knew something was always off about him."

Dani rolled her eyes as Greta scoffed and said, "Please! You only knew something was off because you wanted there to be something off. Jack and Jill have always been some of the sweetest people in Storybrooke."