FOUR

The police officer, who also happened to be Dani's close friend Jack Nichols, escorted her to a room full of inmates talking to their families and friends. Dani's blood instantly ran cold as Jack stopped her in front of the one person she never thought she'd have to see again.

Henry S. Wolff.

You agreed to do this, Daniella, the girl reminded herself as she tried to keep her emotions under control.

Henry sucked in a breath at the sight of the girl he hadn't seen since she was ten years old and stood up with a nod in greeting. For a moment, Dani froze at the sight of the wolf before a gentle squeeze to her hand caused her to blink as she relaxed at the feeling.

"You don't have to do this, Nell," Jack said as she turned her head to look at him. "We can walk right back out that door and pretend this never happened."

Dani smiled softly at her friend's concern as Henry watched them in silence, his eyes narrowing slightly as he noticed the closeness between the two.

"It's okay, Jack...I want to do this," she reassured him.

Jack raised an eyebrow, which caused Dani to sigh and say, "If I need you, I'll turn my head to you. Deal?"

Jack sighed but nodded as he said, "Deal...But I swear if I catch any ounce of him trying something on you I will not hesitate to come over here whether you want me to or not."

Dani laughed and nodded as she said, "Fair enough."

With one last warning glance to Henry, who raised an eyebrow at the action, Jack nodded to Dani and walked off as the girl let out a soft breath.

"Let's get this shit over with so I can never step foot in this Hellhole again," she said while sitting down in front of him.

Henry raised his hands in mock surrender, which caused Dani to roll her eyes.

"Understandable...though I will say ten years has done a remarkably wonderful job on you, Little Red," he then said with a small smirk while examining her face.

Dani's stomach twisted in disgust as she realized that he was shamelessly checking her out, and her jaw clenched at the use of the nickname he'd given her all those years ago. It took everything in her not to reach across the table and smack the absolute hell out of him as her eyes caught onto the sly smirk that rested on his face.

Henry knew exactly what he did to her, and he enjoyed it.

"This was a mistake," Dani suddenly mumbled and shook her head. "I can't do this. I have to go."

Her heart dropped with a small gasp as she braced herself to leave the table, only to have a firm hand clamp around her wrist and stop her from making another move.

"I think you're just fine where you're at, Little Red," Henry said in a low tone of voice. "Why don't you stay here with me for a while? I'm sure we wouldn't want to cause any worry, now would we?"

Dani's breathing slightly hitched as she shook her head and sat back in her seat.

Henry smirked as he let go of her hand. "Excellent," he said, and Dani let out a breath as she tried to control her racing heart.

"Why am I here?" she asked him. "What could you possibly have to say to me that wouldn't make me despise you even more so than I do now?"

"Are we forgetting that you agreed to come here, Little Red? You could have very well chosen to reject my request, but you didn't, so let's not act like you detest the idea of being in here as much as you're claiming to," Henry said as he sat back in his seat.