36 ~ Part two

"It was so funny! She was like: if I wanted to ride the carousal with you Cami, I would've asked..." Camila mimicked my voice and I hide my face in my hands as people laughed. 

"You're horrible! You're like an embarrassing big sister, that's what you are!" I groan at Camila but she just laughs and pinches my cheeks. "Stop it." I murmured, pushing her hands away  while people laughed from our interaction. 

Camila's little cousins came by and sat on her lap and I watched the beautiful way she is with them. I smiled before getting up from the couch shyly and going to the garden. 

Too many people in one place is too hard for me. Especially after the day I had. 

It was amazing, I haven't thought of how embarrassed of me Sofie was until now. Well, that's not entirely true, I thought about it a few times. Just not a lot. Which I am proud of me for. 

"Hey." 

I turn my head at the sound. 

"Oh, hi." I wave turning my gaze a-had of me again.

"You were great out there. Really... you have an amazing voice." 

He smiles at me. I return it. 

"Thanks." I squeeze my eyes to try and bloke the sun as I look up to see him. 

It was Camila's cousin. A year older then me... sweet guy. 

How does Camila's cousin know how I sound you ask? Because... later that evening, we had a karaoke session, and Camila -the Camila she is- made me go up on the stage and sing with her. I was crazy nervous. I couldn't do it. But she told me-

"Hey, just look at me, no one else. Imagine we're at your kitchen, and your siblings are the ones who're in the crowd. Not anyone else." She says, her finger tips strokes my knuckles. I nodded. 

I can do that. That's nothing... I can totally do that. 

"What are we singing?" I asked, almost shyly. 

"Your choice." She smiles at me.

*********

The crowd clapped loudly for us and screamed, it was hard to tell that they were all Camila's family and friends, they sounded like hundred of people. 

Maybe they were?

"Dang! I didn't know you can sing Abby!" Dinah says after I high-fived Camila and went off the stage. 

"Omg, thank you." She just said I could sing. Dinah freaking Jane. I'm dying and this is heaven.

"For what?" She tilts her head with confusion. "For saying I could sing, it means so much to me, especially coming from you." I hug her. She was startled at first but then laughed softly and hugged me back. "I didn't do anything... just stating facts." She says. I smile. 

"You're a sweet talented girl Abby... who knows... maybe I'll bring my own kids to you one day, and you'll have to give them an autograph like I gave you." She says, smirking. "Oh, but you-" she takes out a pan, holding my arm straight forward, writing down something after rolling up my sleeve. 

"Yo Mani! Come here for a second." I was shocked. Frozen in place, not knowing what to do. Normani came by and Dinah showed her what she wrote down. Normani smiles and writes something else down. Dinah walks with me towards different people and they all smile when they see what's written down and writes something else down, but I can't see what it is. Dinah won't let me. "Don't read it until tonight okay?" She asks. "I trust you." She points her finger at me. I smile and nod as she walks away. I'm dying to just, roll back up my sleeves and look, but I won't do it. She trusts me.