Chapter 1: Starting Today, I babysit

"Who's that?"

"Oh come on Catrina, even I know who they are. It's that famous band that competed in X-Factor in England. Remember two years ago when Cher Lloyd competed?"

I try recalling two years ago. I mean, after Cher got 4th place, I wasn't as much interested to watch it. A boy-band... A boy...Band...

"You might be an agent now, but you have a memory of the size of a peanut." Roseline says.

"Ha-ha, very funny. maybe I'll probably recognize them when I see them. Anyway, what do I exactly have to do with those children? Babysit them?" 

"Technically, yes. Well, they've got a lot of fans nowadays... But apparently, these past few months one of them has been receiving death threats from some 'fan'. It is said that that person is a fan of his girlfriend. The girlfriend is part of a girl-band who won the X-Factor the following year." she pauses for a while. I wait there for more information but she doesn't say a word. "And?"

"Well, that's all I've got for now, hopefully the chief gives me more information on the case, but for now you'll just have to wait." 

Oh great, more waiting

"The mission starts two days from now. Start packing whatever you need to pack, such as clothes and grooming accessories, I will be calling you on this regular phone." She brings a black-colored device and places it on the desk. I stare at the magical object laying there before my eyes, and it was one of the newest iPhones that just came out like three weeks ago. This is her definition of regular?

"Oh my God, can I keep it?!"

She gave me that 'stop-interupting-me' look, which to be honest, although I've been living with her all these years, it still creeps the shit out of me. "If I give it to you, it means that it is yours now"

I don't say a single word. I keep the poker face on, but inside, I am dying of joy.

She resumes to her explanation, "Well, that phone might look like any other average mobile, but it has anything it might have for an agent, locator/GPS, video conference camera, and other applications that you'll discover along the way. You will actually like it."

"I'm already loving it alright..." I smile while admiring every single detail of the incredible device.

"You start the mission in two days, if anything abnormal happens, please notify me as soon as possible and I'll communicate it to the chief."

"Yes Sir!" I stand up straight, saluting like a soldier.

"Did you just called me a man?" She squints at me.

"Me? Pshh, no. Alright deuces, I'm packing." I head to the door and make my way out to the hallway, since I won't be seeing her for a few months, I might as well mock her. "THANK YOU ROSELINE! I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!" I scream out and start running for my life. I could hear her screaming behind my back, " MARTINEZ, I TOLD YOU IT'S MCADAMS!!" 

##############

So yeah, two days have passed, and now I'm here in front of the hotel's entrance.

From the inside, of course. I'm definitely not waiting outside with this heat.

I'm just waiting in the most beautiful, clean, and I bet expensive-as-hell lobby.

I sigh for the sixth time. I just have to find five boys that look like 15-year-olds... That seems easy. 

I researched about them yesterday, turns out that they did competed in the 2010 X-Factor when Cher did. I kind of refreshed my memory and remembered them a little. They seem like nice kids I guess... 

"Ms. Catrina Martinez?" I hear a man voice calling me from behind. 

"That is me... May I help you?"

"Are you the one who Management sent to be a guard of the lads?" The man says with this strange British accent that doesn't really sounds like British, but at the same time it does... Maybe it's... Irish? Scotish? I don't really know.

"Whaa...? OH! Yes! Yes... Sorry, that is me. Nice meeting you, you are?"

"I'm Paul Higgins, the boys' tour manager, nice meeting you Miss." The man says kindly, although he seems to be a little uneasy. I figure that it's because I'm just a kid to him and I was randomly assigned to this job. "Allow me to show you around and introduce you to your co-workers. Afterwards, I'll guide you to your room and you'll meet the boys."

"That sounds good to me." I smile.

After a good half an hour showing me around the hotel they'll stay at for the whole week and a half, explaining me the basics, such as the top two floors are for the band's room (and apparently I'll be sleeping on one of those floors), meeting the other guards and some of the management people, and  showing me where I'd be sleeping, the nice man finally allows me to put away my things in the room. It's not comfortable having to do a whole tour holding a three-feet suitcase. he tells me to meet him at one of the meeting rooms when I am finished unpacking.

My new legit iPhone begins ringing, right away I know it's Roseline calling. She does care about me after all! *cue fake sobbing* "HOLLA! what up Rose?"

"I'm working, you might as well call me McAdams."

"Seriously Roseline, I'm not even in the office for crying out loud."

"What you did last time was not acceptable." She says on her usually serious tone.

"You know I love you." 

"Well, I dont."

"Boo, you suck." I whine.

"Excuse you. Anyway, I was checking if you arrived safely..." She mumbles, but either way I still heard her through the line. I smile the second I hear that. " AWWW! YOU DO CARE!"

"Be quiet." I could imagine her smirking right now, she would do that. "Hey Catrina, I gotta go do some paper work, call me at night."

"No problem agent, I'll communicate with you laters, bye-meeee..." I hear her giggling before she hangs up. It's good that I always manage to make her laugh... When she's in a good mood... o.o

*BOOM!*

*CRASH!*

"ARGH! THAT HURRRRT."

"LOUIS, DON'T RUN AWAY. COME HERE!"

"NEVEEEERRRRRR!!"

What the hell? 

I get close to the door to check what is going on in the hallway, and as soon as I touch the doorknob, the door suddenly opens.

And right away, everything I was seeing goes pitch black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 {Really Edited}

^^ I'll probably have that written down in all of the chapters, to make sure that I edited the chapter so I don't have to edit it again. Once again, I took off the author's notes because honestly, it was two years ago and it either makes me nostalgic or it took a lot of space.

I'm growing up guys... :D (says the 17-year-old... #oh)

~Bianca xx