Guardian Angel Pt17/Ambreigns

Dean Ambrose lay in bed on his back staring at the ceiling, his arms under his head. He was in the cabin that belonged to his close friend and ally, a kind, elderly man named Xavier. He was supposed to be resting after another painful attack in his chest, but he couldn't shut his brain off long enough to sleep. Truthfully, for the last two days after learning news that had turned his world upside down, from one of Xavier's closest friends, a man named Zachariah; who had now become a close friend and ally to Dean as well, he had been unable to think of anything else. His life was in danger, time was running out; hell, he didn't even know how much time he had left exactly, and all he could do was wait for it to happen! He closed his eyes tight to fight off his tears that threatened to fall again, pushing the palms of his hands into his eyes to stop them. Closing his eyes, his mind was once again full of thoughts about the two most important people in his life, his two best friends...brothers and former Shield stablemates Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns; Dean's boyfriend. He opened his eyes again, rolled onto his right side and looking out the window he began to think about everything that's happened to the three of them and how he had been ripped away from his brothers for a second damn time...this time possibly for good!

 Dean's life changed three years ago, when his stupid ass drove home drunk and crashed. When he woke from the crash, he had no memory of the accident itself, he was alone surrounded by a bright, white light and was uninjured. He met a beautiful woman named Ava, who told him he had died and was in Heaven. He truly thought she was pranking him, but after a lot of convincing, he finally accepted the truth. For the first four months of his new life, he had done nothing, but watch his brothers live their lives without him. Then one day, Ava came to him and told him he was now a Guardian Angel and had been given his first assignment. At first, Dean refused, until she told him his guides were both his brothers. He tried to get out of it, not knowing anything about how to guide them, but was sent to Earth anyway. Being back with his brothers was hard on him seeing how lost and broken they both were without him; especially Roman.

 He's been with them three years now and is slowly getting the hang of being their Guardian Angel; he had no handbook on how to guide them, so he did whatever felt right to him. Of course, being an Angel didn't change Dean at all, he still acted and talked like he did when he was alive and that got him into trouble with Ava! Months ago, frustrated and upset that both his brothers refused to listen to him, Dean returned to Heaven and spoke to Ava. At first, she refused to help, but he finally convinced her too and she told him about Dream Travel; the only way he could see, touch and talk to his brothers again as if he were alive. He trained hard and soon got the hang of it and with strict instructions not to tell his brothers who he really was, he entered their dreams. He talked to them and made them promise to let him go and start living again, when they woke both knew Dean was right and they returned to their old selves; living their lives for Dean too!

 Dean was so happy and proud of them, things were back to normal and stayed that way until months ago when Roman and Seth went after the Tag Team Championships. Before and during the match Dean tried to motivate and encourage both his brothers, but neither listened and they barely won the match. Confused why his brothers were acting like that, he decided to Dream Travel one last time; despite Ava forbidding him from doing it again days earlier, without giving him a reason why. He did it and after another long talk, filled with tears and love, he managed to make his brothers see it was okay to move on. After he returned he was confronted by an angry Ava, who told him that because of his ignoring her, they both were in trouble with The Council; a group of Angels who keep order in Heaven.

 During the meeting, Dean nervously listened and answered when asked a question, but when they threatened to take his brothers from him, he became angry and told them off, before he left and returned to Earth to say goodbye to his brothers. Ava found him later and told him he was allowed to remain their Angel, but he'd be closely monitored for a while and was given a supervisor...Ava! He was pissed that he had to have a babysitter, but he'd do it to prove that no one, but him was going to be his brother's Angel; he'd be the best damn Guardian Angel anyone ever saw!