Guardian Angel Pt29/Ambreigns

Seth paced the room, as he listened...well, he was supposed to be listening, as Michael talked to the others about trying to get Dean and Roman back. He sighed, even though Michael had agreed to help them out and Seth was happy about that, he was still a little pissed off that he had been forced to go through Michael's little test. He had no right, dammit, to question not only his love for his brothers, but he had also questioned if he'd be able to make the right choice for everyone no matter how hard it was. Of course, he wanted to stop that bastard Cecil to protect everyone, hell, that's all he's ever wanted, dammit. It was the Council's damn fault for not trusting or believing Dean from the very beginning when he had tried to warn the bastards.

 "Seth?" Michael's gentle, yet firm voice spoke, breaking into his thoughts.

 "Yeah?" Seth said, as he stopped pacing and looked at him.

 "Something on your mind?"

 "Uh..." Seth began, but trailed off realizing that everyone else was gone and it was just the two of them left, when the hell had that happened?

 "Oh, I thought everyone could use a break, so I sent them away." Michael explained smiling noticing his reaction. "Obviously you didn't hear me." He added.

 "I...I guess I didn't." Seth agreed sighing, as he ran his hands over his face.

 "Look, I understand that my tests were a little...unfair, but you must understand my reasoning behind it. You see, it's so very easy to have an enemy when they are attacking your family, but it's a little harder to see past that to the bigger picture." Michael said gently.

 "I get it, but none of us have ever given any of you reason to doubt us or our actions. You never gave us a chance to prove that, you just assumed that we'd only care about saving Dean and Roman." Seth said upset. "You didn't give us a chance, you decided for us."

 "I know it was unfair of me, and I apologize, but I wasn't questioning your love, I was questioning your reasons behind your actions. I needed to know that if the tough decisions had to be made, you would be able to make them without hesitation." Michael explained.

 "So, did I pass your little test?" Seth scoffed bitterly.

 "Don't sound so bitter, Seth, and in the ways that matter, yes, you did."

 "What does that mean?" Seth asked confused.

 "It means that you have shown me that if you had to you'd make the right choice every time, no matter how difficult it is to make."

 "I'm still a little angry for being treated like that, but I'm grateful for your help though." Seth said sighing.

 "I apologize again and I promise there will be no more games or tests." Michael said smiling.

 "Thank you." Seth said smiling too. "Michael, I've been curious about the spellbook."

 "Understandable, what about it?"

 "Where did it come from? Who wrote it? Why did you hide it?"

 "Well, it came from a small, rural town in Italy, many, many years ago, around the Medieval times. It was written by a talented young Wizard named Milo, he had been a Priest for many years in his town, but over time he became lost and had questions he couldn't answer. So, he turned from the church and found magic, it was through magic that he found his answers and his true calling. He wanted to help people and through his magic he was able to do just that. He wrote the book, every one of those spells are his and his alone." Michael explained.

 "Did you know him?" Seth asked.

 "I did, yes, we shared many conversations, before and after he had left the church. He still loved God, but his alliance was no longer with man's church, it's teachings, and rules. He lived by the Bible and it's true teachings, not what man had turned it into." Michael replied smiling fondly, as he remembered. "We were very close."