Love Hurts Pt21/Ambreigns

Roman sat silently on the couch beside an equally quiet Dean, he knew that this conversation had been a long time coming and that they needed to have it, but that didn't make it any easier. Roman stared at his hand that was still holding Dean's and as much as that gave him hope...it also made him realize all that he had lost because of what he had done. The silence was beginning to make his nerves worse, he was about to say something...anything just to break the damn silence, but before he could Dean did.

 "Roman, I...I love you, I always will and I know you've changed and you're still working with Dr. Gray to get better. I'm trying so damn hard to move on too and dammit, I'm working on it, I really am." Dean said sadly. "I...I just need time, Ro, I'm not asking you to wait for me forever, I'm only asking for a little more time to work on myself."

 "Dean, I know I did a lot of fucked up stuff to you, I beat myself up for it every damn day, and I know it's going to take you time to heal. It's just that I...I feel like no matter what I do to try and move forward with you doesn't matter. I mean, months later you still aren't even comfortable being around me without Seth. I feel like you'll never forgive me." Roman explained sadly.

 "Dammit, Ro, you think I like this?" Dean said upset, as he pulled away from Roman and stood up. "You really think that I like being so fucking scared of the man I love that even the thought of being alone with you terrifies me? Or that I like having nightmares of what I went through every damn time I close my eyes?"

 "Of course not, Dean, but I can't help how I feel any more than you can, dammit." Roman said upset, as he stood too.

 "I wish I could give you what you want, Roman, but I...I can't right now, I might not be able to for a long time."

 "Dean, I'm not ready yet either, I still have a lot of work to do on myself, I just want you to be comfortable alone with me at least, that's all." Roman said frustrated.

 "I'm sorry." Dean said sadly. "I...I don't know if I can give you that." He added, as he turned away from him.

 "Yeah, so...so am I." Roman said quietly, before he walked out of the room.

**A Week Later**:

 Dean sighed, as he sat on the couch in the hotel room he shared with his brothers, he was alone right now, both his brothers were out grabbing them a late dinner after Raw. It's been a week now since his talk with Roman that had ended in another fight and they haven't really spoken to each other at all since that night. Dean hated that he was so damn scared of Roman still, Dr. Burgess had helped him realize that what he was going through was completely normal and with help he would be able to move on. His thoughts were interrupted by his brothers returning, he could tell by the way they were acting that something had happened.

 "Hey, guys, wait, I know that look you're both wearing, something happened, didn't it?" Dean questioned concerned.

 "It's fine, D, don't worry about it." Seth replied faking a smile.

 "Roman?" Dean said not believing Seth.

 "He's right, Dean, it's..."

 "Bullshit!" Dean said angrily, cutting Roman off, as he stood. "What's going on, dammit?"

 "Dean, please, just drop it." Seth pleaded.

 "Tell me." Dean demanded.

 "Fine, Seth's mad at me." Roman said sighing.