Guardian Angel Pt30/Ambreigns

After arriving at the Council room, they stopped walking and Michael sighed, as he turned to look at them and spoke.

 "Seth, I know it will be extremely difficult for you to hear me ask questions that involve Dean and Roman. And, I know it will be just as difficult to hear them talking badly about your brothers. Let me reassure you though, that I know Dean and Roman's hearts, so I won't hold anything they say against either of them. Unfortunately, all of this is necessary for me to learn what I need to be able to help bring them home. That is why, unless spoken directly to, I need you to stay silent and observe, if you are unable to do that, then you cannot be allowed in there." Michael explained gently.

 "I'll be able to." Seth said firmly.

 "Alright, when we go inside, sit with Ava and Mia." Michael instructed, Seth nodded and he smiled.

 Michael opened the doors and they walked inside silently, Seth went and sat beside his friends, both Angels took his hands and squeezed reassuringly. Michael walked to the front of the room where Benjamin sat in a chair, still in handcuffs, Xavier and Zachariah stood on either side of him silently standing guard.

 "We all know why we're here." Michael spoke. "Benjamin, you have been found guilty of assisting our traitorous brother Cecil. We're here to learn why and if you speak the truth and are truly repentant, your punishment will be fair and just, but lenient."

 Hearing that, Seth became angry, thinking that meant the asshole Angel would only receive a slap on the damn wrist; or whatever the hell the Angel equivalent of that would be. He was about to protest, when Michael spoke again stopping him.

 "Instead of banishment, you will be held in jail indefinitely. Now, are you willing to help us, or do I have to make you using force?"

 Everyone held their breath, as they waited for the silent, defiant Angel to decide his fate. Seth though, was torn, he wanted the bastard to help, but after every damn thing they've been through, he wanted Michael to hurt him. That thought scared him, it scared him how much he wanted to see the Angel who had done them wrong hurt, this wasn't him and he hated what he had become.

 "I'll help you." Benjamin agreed, Seth was secretly relieved. "I don't know much, but I'll tell you everything I do know."

 "Very well, brother, I was hoping you would agree. Let me remind you that I will know if you lie, if I think you're purposely being deceitful, I will go with your original punishment and I will get the information I require myself. Am I understood?"

 "Yes." Benjamin answered, as Michael sat across from him.

 "Good." Michael said. "Let us begin then. How did you learn of the book's existence?"

 "I came upon it not long after I was put on the Council. I had gone into the room to look for a list of Outcasts, we were doing a check-up on them and the list we had had been misplaced."

 "So, you found the information about the book in your search?"

 "I did, I only glanced at it, but like everyone else, I didn't know exactly what it was so I paid it no thought."

 "How did you get involved with Cecil?" Michael questioned.

 "Honestly, I'm unsure how he had learned of it or how he learned that I had found proof it existed, but he had and he came to me about it."

 "You didn't speak to anyone about what you had found?" Michael asked.

 "No, as I said, it meant nothing to me."

 "So, how did he convince you to help him?"

 "Well, I had gone to check on him and make sure he wasn't misbehaving, when he brought up the book. At first, I didn't know why he was so obsessed with it, using that and my nativity as a new Council member, he then convinced me that the book was meant for incredible good."