The Bully And The Nerd Pt22/Ambrollins

Seth pulled up to the deserted park and turned his car off, Dean got out and Seth quickly followed him. He was confused, he had thought they were going to sit in the car and talk about what was going on. Seth followed Dean silently, as they walked to wherever he was leading them, finally after a few minutes, Dean stopped by the small pond in the middle of the park. Seth watched as Dean picked up some rocks and began skipping them across the water, he wanted to say something so badly, but didn't know what to say.

 "All my life I...I've fought for everything I have, never really knowing true happiness. Don't get me wrong, being with Ro and his parents, being a part of their family makes me happy, it really does, but it...it wasn't really mine. I've never told anyone other than Ro this." Dean said sighing shakily.

 "Dean, you...you don't need to do this." Seth said gently.

 "I know, but after reconnecting with my...father, damn that still sounds fucking strange to me. Anyway, after that happened, I realized that it was time I stop hiding my past from you. Growing up the way I did, I learned that feelings did nothing for you, except make you weak and make you a target. So, to protect myself, I hid my heart away and became the asshole you know today."

 "You...you've never been truly happy?" Seth asked quietly.

 "I was once, but in true Dean Ambrose style, I fucked that up too."

 "When was that?" Seth questioned smiling sadly.

 "When...when, uh, we were together." Dean answered sadly.

 "Oh." Seth said not knowing what else to say at the confession.

 "I...I didn't tell you this to make you upset, I just wanted you to know that I loved...love you and you truly made me happy, Seth. As for my Dad...it kind of just happened by an accident really. The day after I broke my hand, I went for a run while you and Ro were still asleep and I somehow ended up in the rich part of town. He saw me before I could leave and invited me inside to talk."

 "He did?"

 "Yeah and it was...exactly what I needed, in a way I got my closure, well, no, I got what I needed to start moving on from the bullshit. He offered me a job at his company and I accepted." Dean said sighing, as he continued skipping shoes.

 "That's awesome, D, really." Seth said smiling. "Why not tell Ro about it though?"

 "As much as I love Ro and trust him with my life, there are just some things he won't understand. He only knows what my Dad did to me and he'll never forget or move on from it." Dean said sighing again. "I'll tell him eventually, just not right now."

 "You don't need to explain, Dean, really." Seth said. "Come on, let's get you home before Ro worries."

**A Week Later**:

 Dean sighed, as he finished his homework in the school library at lunch, he wanted to get it done since he had work after school. There was only this month left of school, then he'd graduate and he could start building his life with Nikki and their baby; who knows, maybe he could work his way up through his Dad's company, and one day he'd take it over. He sighed again smiling at the thought, it wasn't where he had ever imagined he'd be, but it was still a nice dream. He closed his books and looked around the almost empty library, it was usually empty unless it was close to exams, then it was always packed. He had never stepped foot in the library; of his own choice, until Seth had started tutoring him, and now being here always made him think of his friend. Today was no different, his thoughts were from a week ago when he had opened up a little to Seth at the park, he had wanted to be completely open with him, but he couldn't let his guard down yet.