Chapter 10

Clem's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep, so I walked outside to the porch. It was such a beautiful night. I stared up at the stars. So beautiful. I missed coming out here with Lee doing this. In Savannah. I missed playing with Duck at the motor-inn. I missed talking to Ben. I missed everyone. I just wish they were here now. I would love that. Someone put their hand on my shoulder. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's just me. I heard you get out of bed. I decided to follow you to make sure you didn't get into any trouble. Nick would kill me if he found i let you walk out here by yourself." Luke said.

I nodded my head.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what happened back there earlier today. With Jane. I didn't know what to do. She. She was just pointing the gun at you. And I let her. I'm so sorry, Clem. I really am." "It's okay."

"Do me a favor, and keep that between us. If Nick found out, I wouldn't live to see tomorrow."

I laughed.

"He really likes you. But not in like a creepy way. I think he finally found someone he liked sense his mom died." I blushed. "Why are you always blushing, Clem?"

He smiled, and poked my stomach. I laughed.

"Oh, so you're ticklish? Interesting."

He laid me on my back and tickled me. I was laughing so hard. I heard a snarl. My face went white. So white. I could feel the blood drain from my face. Luke noticed. He picked me up off the floor and brought me inside.

"Alright, let's get some sleep now. Forreal."