Chapter 17

Clem's P.O.V

Jane started walking over to me.

"Go away." I told her.

"Hey, where's that boy? The one with the hat? Is he around?" She asked me. "No.. He died.." I said, quietly.

"Oh, so he wouldn't mind if I did this?" She kicked my stomach. Slapped me as hard as she could. Punched my gut. I started pounding on the sound of the house, hoping someone would hear.

Luke's P.O.V.

I heard pounding on the side of the house and decided to check it out. I thought it was nothing, but you could never be too sure in a crazed world like this. I walked out the door to find Jane on top of Clementine. Beating her. Clem looked like she had passed out. She wasn't banging on the wall anymore. I quickly pulled out my gun and shot Jane in the back of the head. Did I regret it? No. Not at all. I ran over to Clementine. Why is she always getting hurt?

"Clem, Clem. Wake up. Come on, don't you die on me. Not right here. Not now."

She was bleeding very badly, and could possibly die from blood loss. Carlos wasn't here at the moment. He was at the river. It wasn't far. I grabbed a first aid kit, picked up Clem, and ran as fast as I could.

"CARLOS. CARLOS. CARLOS, WHERE ARE YOU? WE HAVE A SITUATION."

I was tired of running. Carlos was no where in sight. I sat on the ground with her laying across my lap.

"Clem? Come on, Clem. Look at me, kid! You're gonna be fine, alright? I'm gonna help you, I promise. Have I ever told you that I used to sing? I used to play guitar, too. Little girl, little girl. Don't lie to me. Tell me. Where did you sleep last night? In the pines. In the pines. Where the sun never shines. We shiver the all night through. You've caused me to weep. You've caused me to mourn. You've caused me to lose my home. Little girl. Little girl. Where did you sleep last night? Not even your mother knows. In the pines. In the pines. Where the sun never shines. We shiver when the cold wind blows. Clementine, please don't die. Please."