Chapter 29

Clem's P.O.V

I woke up, and Luke's arm was still around me. I smiled, and tried to break free of his firm grasp. He ended up pulling me closer to him.

"Come on, Clementine, just a little longer. I'm tired."

He told me, in his raspy morning voice. I laughed a little.

"Come on, Luke. It's time to get up, anyways."

He groaned. I walked into the kitchen. I looked behind me, and Luke wasn't there. I sighed. I snuck up into his room, and jumped on him when he wasn't paying attention. He groaned, again.

"Careful, okay? My stomach still hurts." I had completely forgot about that. "Oh, right. Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine.

" He told me, smiling. I walked back downstairs, when I heard a crash. I quickly turned around. Luke had fallen. He was tumbling down the stairs. He stopped moving at the end of the stairs. "Luke! Are you okay?!"

I yelled.

"Yeah, Clem. I'm fine. Just a little sore."

"I told you that you weren't fine."

I said, a little annoyed.

"Clem, I told you I'm fine."

He said harshly.

Luke's P.O.V

That came out meaner than expected.

"No, Luke, you're obviously not! I can tell just by looking at you! Come here. Sit down."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the table. She touched my wounds. I tensed up a bit. She then grabbed a mirror.

"Do you see yourself, Luke? Or are you blind? Look at you! You're a mess." "Clem, I said I'm fine."

Clem's P.O.V

He looked mad.

"Luke, stop saying that! I know the truth. You're just trying to make me feel better. I know what you're experiencing. I felt it before. When Jane was beating me, and you were no where to be seen."

I said to him.That sent him off the deep end. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me up against the wall.

"I told you once, and I'm not gonna say it again. I'm. Fine. And that was not my fault. You should be able to defend yourself by now."

He growled, in my ear. He still had his hands on my wrists, squeezing tightly. "Can- can you let go?"

He squeezed tighter. I winced.

"Luke."

I pleaded. He squeezed even tighter. I stomped his foot. He let go of my wrists. I fell to my knees. I looked at my wrists. They were purple. I looked at him in horror.

"What did you do?"