Chapter 33

Luke's P.O.V

Clem and I looked at each other, smiling for a bit.

"You know, I never asked why you always wear this hat? What's the significance?"

She looked down.

"My dad gave it to me before they went to Savannah."

"Oh.."

I said softly.

Clem's P.O.V

Carlos finally walked in with a dead limp Sarah In his arms. Me and Luke gasped at the same time. We saw some blood on Carlos' shirt, but thought it was just from Sarah.

"She's gone. Thanks to you."

He looked mad at Luke. Luke turned around, for some reason. Carlos pulled his gun out without Luke knowing. He aimed it right for his lower back.

"No!"

I screamed. Before Carlos could shoot. I jumped in front of Luke, taking the impact from the bullet. Luke turned around and looked down.

"CLEMENTINE!"

Luke screamed. Carlos looked horrified.

Rebecca, Alvin, and Pete came in the lodge. They saw me laying on the floor.

Luke's P.O.V

"CARLOS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

I screamed as loud as I could.

"I don't.. I don't... I don't..."

"Help me, you guys! She's gonna lose blood, fast! Rebecca, apply pressure to her shoulder. Now! Pete and Alvin, help me carry her to a room. Carlos! Let's go! We need your help!"

He followed us upstairs. We laid her down on the bed. I didn't take my eyes off of hers. They eventually went into the back of her head.

"No no no no no. Carlos, what just happened?"

"It's okay, Luke. She's fine. Just unconscious. I'm gonna need some space. Rebecca and Alvin, you guys stay. Everyone else, go."

He said.

I walked out the room. I plopped down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. Thinking about all the bad things that happened to her. Everything I've ever done. Everything she's been through. She's a strong girl, though. She'll make it. The last words I heard were

"We're losing her!"

And then I passed out from shock.