Chapter 23

Luke's P.O.V

Clem got up and walked upstairs to a room. Or maybe she just didn't wanna be with me. I didn't dare follow her. She was really scared of me. She doesn't like me touching her anymore. Or talking to her, or even looking at her. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran upstairs and hugged her. She was struggling to get free, but soon she realized she couldn't. And just let it happen.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

She laid her head on my shoulder. I think she finally trusts me again. Which is an extremely good thing. I was scared she would never trust me or talk to me ever again. She eventually hugged me back. She looked up at me. Big soft brown eyes filling with tears. This is the happiest I had been in a while. It was obvious she was tired, so I brought her to bed. And as usual, I slept right next to her. This time, she kissed my cheek. I looked at her, and her face was red again.

"Clem, I just wanted to let you know that you're red again."

That caused her to turn an even darker shade of red.

"And you're getting even redder."

"Yes, yes, I know. My face is on fire." She said, jokingly.

"Let's try to get some sleep, Orange Peel. We got a long day ahead of us." The next morning came, and Clem wasn't in bed. I groaned. Why does she insist on getting up? It terrifies the crap out of me. Just the thought of her in danger sends shivers down my spine. I found her at a table with her head down.

"You okay, Orange Peel?"

She looked up at me.

"Yeah, I just didn't get much sleep last night. That's all."

"Really, because the sound of you snoring kept me awake most of the night. It sounds like you slept just fine." I poked her nose and walked away. I looked back and she was blushing. I loved pointing that out.

"Clem, you're red again."

She looked away. I started laughing. I miss these peaceful days.

"Where's the group?"

"They went out looking for something. Not sure what. They didn't mention it." She told me.

"Well. Okay."

I sat down on the couch. She followed. I guess she really was tired. She laid her head on my lap and fell asleep instantly.