Chapter 30

Luke's P.O.V

I looked at Clementine on the floor. She was looking at her bright purple wrists.

"Clem, I-"

"Save it. You hurt me once already, and I could forgive that. This is the second time. Don't even try to apologize. I've had enough of you. One second you act like you're my brother, and the next, you're a jerk! Remember the first time you hurt me? You slapped me so hard I fell? Well this"

she held up her arms to show me her wrists.

"Is unforgivable. Don't try to apologize to me, cause I'm not gonna accept it. I'm gonna go find Rebecca."

"But Clem-"

"I said I'm gonna find Rebecca."

She stormed out of the house before I had a chance to say anything else. I sat down on the couch and ran my fingers through my hair.

"What did I do?"

I quietly whispered over and over again. Rebecca eventually stormed in with Clementine.

"Luke. A word, please."

She grabbed me by my shirt and took me in another room.

"What did you do to that girl?" "Rebecca, it was an accident. I didn't mean it."

"You think apologizing will make up for her purple wrists?! They're bruised up so badly, I can't even see her skin anymore. Just purple. From now on, I don't want you around her. And that includes talking to her. Don't touch her. Stay away. You're not fit to raise a child. Alvin and I will watch after her." "But-"

"I meant what I said, Luke. Don't touch her again."

She walked out of the room. I walked out of the room to find Clementine sitting on the couch talking to Rebecca. Bec looked over and glared at me, while mouthing the words

"Go away, Luke. I mean it."

I ran up into my room and laid on the bed and stared up at the ceiling for hours. Clementine walked in.

"Clem!"

She looked at me with wide eyes, and walked out.

"Clem, wait."

"Rebecca!"

I put my hand over her mouth before she could say another word. She bit me, and squiggled out of my arms.

"Hey, wait!"

I called out. She ran out the door and I chased her. Rebecca didn't seem to be inside anymore. Now I can explain everything.