Chapter 47

*LAST CHAPTER*

Luke's POV

I ran to Clementine. She was still laying on the floor. I didn't know how it happened. I don't know if she's alive, or if she's dead. All I know is that she needs help. Immediately. I brought her in my room and laid her on the bed.

"Clementine, wake up."

I hadn't seen her move sense she fell. What if she was dead?

"No, Luke, stop thinking that."

I told myself.

"She's fine."

I said to myself again. I left her there to go find Pete.

"Pete, I need you! Now!"

I screamed. He looked worried.

"It's Clem."

He dropped what he was doing and ran with me.

"She.. She fell on the floor in the kitchen. She hasn't moved sense. What.. What's happening?"

Pete looked at me.

"You said she hasn't moved?"

"No. She hasn't."

He looked at me, and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Luke.."

"NO, PETE. SHES NOT DEAD. JUST LEAVE. GET OUT FOR A FEW MINUTES. GO!"

I screamed. I ran towards her and performed CPR.

"Come on, Clementine. I know you're fine. You're gonna be okay. I'm gonna make you okay."

She started coughing.

"CLEM!"

She looked dizzy. She looked around.

"Hey, are you okay, Clementine?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Oh thank god."

I said. I picked her up and hugged her. I went downstairs. I turned the radio on, like I usually did in the mornings. I heard something today.

"....apocalypse....winding......down.....if you're....listening.....the apocalypse... Is coming to..... An.... End....."

I looked at Pete. Then at Clementine. We all exchanged glances, not believing what we were hearing. Clementine's smile grew wider and wider.

"How could that be possible?!"

I said, in disbelief.

"I believe it. Think about it. When was the last time we saw a walker?"

Clementine said. Again, for an 11 year old, she's really smart.

"That's a great point, Clementine."

I turned the radio back on.

"It's gonna be okay.... Everybody... The walker apocalypse.... Is no longer... Taking place... In the United States... It's safe.... To come out... We are the military.... If there are any survivors in Georgia... Head to the... Big radio tower.. In Macon.. We have doctors.. Who can clear you.. And the air.. Of this wretched disease..."

"What are we waiting for, you guys?!! It's done. We're done with this! No more surviving. I can finally live my normal life again! I beat this world, you guys! We all did! Let's get to that radio tower."

Clementine said.

~a few weeks later~

we arrived at the huge radio tower, not passing a single walker. It felt good. Really good. When we got there, we asked them a ton of questions. They cured us of the awful disease. They said they were gonna fly some helicopters out so they could clear the air, so if anyone died, they wouldn't turn. They gave us some food and water. Clementine slipped her hand in mine, squeezing tightly. She then slipped her other hand in Pete's.

"it's over, you guys. We're done here."