Chapter 42

Luke's POV

I walked into clementines room.

"Hey, Clem? Do you think I should-"

I noticed something. She was crying. But why? I walked over to her.

"What's up?"

I asked. She sniffled. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Why are you crying, darling?"

I asked.

"I was just thinking about Lee.."

She said quietly. I could tell she was still pretty broken up about his death.

"It'll be okay, darling. Trust me. He's watching over you right now."

I said, trying to comfort her. Out of no where, she sprang up and started running.

"Clementine!"

I shouted. I got up and chased after her. She ran outside, and took a couple turns, until I lost her.

"Clem? Oh no, no, no, no, no. Clementine! Clementine, where are you?!"

I heard faint crying, and immediately bolted in that direction. I saw her laying on the ground crying. I picked her up.

"Please don't do that again. you scared me half to death."

I carried her like a bride back to the lodge. I laid her down on the couch and got her some peaches.

"There ya go, darling."

I said. She sat up, sniffled, and hugged me. When she finished, she put the bowl on the table, kissed my cheek, and walked upstairs. I was blushing.

"Who's the one blushing n-now?"

She said with a smirk. "

Haha, how funny."

I said back. I decided it was time for a nap. I laid back on the spot Clementine was previously sitting on, and fell asleep right as my face hit the soft couch.

Clementine's POV

I went to go tell Luke something, but when I got downstairs, I noticed he was sleeping. I smiled. I didn't want to wake him up, so I crawled on top of his stomach and laid there. It was peaceful. I looked at him, and his shaggy hair was all across his face. His light breathing caused me to go up and down on his stomach. I laid my head on his chest to where I could hear his heart beat, and fell asleep.