Chapter 41

Clem's POV

I felt really bad for not telling Luke who did this. I couldn't help it, though! What he said to me was crazy. I could never say something like that to him. Or even behind his back. I'd feel like the biggest jerk ever. Which is something he should be feeling right now.

Luke's POV

I needed to find out who did this to Clementine so I could put a bullet between their eyes. I knew for a fact it wasn't Pete. He would never ever have the guts to do something like this. I decided to go into her room. "Clementine?"

I said, quietly. She was sprawled out across the bed. I smirked. Typical. She looked like she was in severe pain. I could tell. She had several stab wounds, a ton of bruises, and a large amount of scratches. I wasn't going to wake her, so I just laid with her. I pulled her extra close to me, so it felt like I was protecting her through all hours of the night. Once again, my arm was wrapped around her small body, and I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and she was standing in the doorway.

"Clementine?"

I said in my deep raspy morning voice.

"Will you please tell me who did this? I won't get mad. I just want to know so I can protect you. Because right now, I'm not doing a very good job at it."

She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Clementine. Don't walk away when I'm talking to you."

I said to her, a little meaner than intended. She rolled her eyes again and walked away from me. She was limping. Like one of the first days she was in the cabin with us.

"Clem, you're not okay. You're a bloody mess with ripped clothes. Just tell me who did this to you."

I pleaded. She shook her head. She is an extremely difficult person, that's for sure.

"What will it take for you to tell me?"

"You have to be nice to me for a whole week. No hitting me, hurting me of any kind, saying anything behind my back, saying anything to my face, yelling at me, or anything."

That seemed easy. I knew it wasn't going to be. She had some trick up her sleeve. I just didn't know what. She walked away, still limping.

"hey, Clem. I'll start this off, if I can get a hug first."

I said. She faintly smiled and I wrapped her in my arms, careful not to squeeze.

"The deal is sealed."

She said. And walked back into our room.