Chapter 36

Clem's P.O.V

I walked downstairs to see what all the noise was. I put my hand on Luke's waist. He screamed, and pointed his machete at me.

"It's okay, it's just me."

I told him.

"Oh, hi Clementine. What are you doing out of bed?"

"I heard a noise, and you weren't in bed, so I went to look for you."

I said quietly. He smiled at me.

"Yeah, well, I'm fine."

I looked down on the floor to find a bloody Carlos. I gasped.

"He's a walker, Clementine. It's okay." "But... But how?"

"I guess Sarah bit him. It's okay, Clementine."

"But... Now that he's gone, who's gonna take care of me? I'm still shot! Who's gonna help me?"

"Clem, it'll be okay."

"No it won't be okay! He's gone, Luke! Can't you see that?"

Walker Carlos jumped up and grabbed onto Luke.

"LUKE NO!"

I kicked the walker in the knee, causing it to fall on the floor. I fell, along with it. The walker crawled over to me. I tried to get up, but it hurt so bad. Where's Luke? The walker was on top of me. I couldn't defend myself. My arms were sore. I could barely pick up anything, let alone push a grown man off of me.

"Luke.. Please.. Help me.."

I said.

"Luke.."

Luke put a knife in the back of his head. The blade came inches away from my face. He pulled Carlos off of me, and helped me up.

"Clementine! Are you okay?"

He asked me.

"I think so. My arms hurt, though." "Well, I imagine they do. I have never in my 27 years of living see someone take a fall like that. Come on, it's been a crazy day. We need some sleep by now."