Chapter 22

Luke's P.O.V

I felt like complete crap after hitting Clementine. I don't know what I was thinking. My mind was racing. I don't think she'll ever forgive me. She looked scared. Of me. I tried to get close to her, but when she saw me, her eyes were filled with fear, and she walked away.

"Clem..."

She flinched at the sound of me calling her name.

"Clem.. I'm sorry."

She still looked scared. I grabbed her arm to turn her around. She looked at me with the most scared expression ever. It killed me inside to know that she was terrified of me. When I let her arm go, she ran to Rebecca. I caught up with her. I was walking right behind her, when she noticed me.

"Luke. Just give her some space. She needs time to cool off. She's scared, okay? She'll come around eventually. You just have to be patient." Rebecca said to me.

"Yeah. Yeah okay."

We made it to a big ski lodge. We looked around, and nobody was there. We decided to stay there for the night.

Clem's P.O.V

I sat on the couch and brought my knees up to my chin. My face still hurts like crazy. I just can't believe he did that to me. I would never do anything to hurt him, but he obviously didn't feel the same way. I thought of him as the brother I never had, and now he does this to me. I didn't realize it at first, but I was crying. Luke noticed and walked over to me. He sat down right next to me. I scooted over until I couldn't anymore.

"Clementine, I'm so so so sorry. Please believe me. I was caught up in the moment. I-I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I would never do anything to hurt you. I swear."

I didn't respond to that. He put his hand on my shoulder, and I quickly moved away. I got off the couch, and went upstairs, with Luke's eyes on me the entire time. How could this day possibly get any worse?