(20) Space

You don't want to leave me 

but I'm trying to self discover 

Keep me in your orbit and 

You will drag me under

"Honey?" Aman called for me as soon as he entered the house with his spare key. "Are you done packing?" 

After my lunch date with Caira, I went straight back home and packed. I was still mad at him but after what seemed like centuries we were getting away and spending some time together properly so obviously I wouldn't cancel it.

Even if he was taking me just because he liked being with me. 

"Hmm," I replied and walked down the stairs with my bag. "Where are we going?" 

"It is a surprise," he said. "But get ready for a very long drive." 

I nodded. 

"Sweet heart, why don't you check whether all windows and doors are locked or not? I am taking our bags downstairs to the car," he said and then grabbed my bag. 

30 minutes later we were making our way out of the city. 

"You haven't said a word Mira," Aman said while lowering the volume of music. "Are you seriously still mad at me?"

I turned to look at him. I was looking out the window the whole time we have been in the car. 

"No," I said. "What's there to be mad about?"

"Kiss me on the cheek then," he challenged. 

"You're driving," I said crossing my arms. 

"That's why I asked YOU to kiss me," he said emphasizing on the you.

"I don't want to distract you from the road," I said. 

"Mira...." Aman sighed. "You seriously amaze me sometimes. I am taking you for a weekend getaway for our anniversary and somehow you still find it in you to be angry with me."

"Aman, I am not angry .. I just ..I am disappointed! Actually you always do this. You don't have it in you to let me feel ... even an ounce of special.."

"Special?" 

"Yes! Remember the way you proposed to me?" 

"Uh..I don't.."

"You don't because you didn't. Not until I was angry as usual. We were finally going to spend the rest of our lives together and we had gone through so much to get to that point and you didn't even come up with 'I love you'.  You were like, 'hey our parents approve so let's do it'. You know things aren't always so practical. Sometimes you do things not just for your own freaking sake but also because it will make your partner happy. Even if their thinking doesn't match yours. 

And letting them know their place in your life with a few kind words isn't going to kill you Aman. You know if you don't like words so much then you might as well not be bad with them!"