CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Raine's POV

BEEP.

The referee blew his whistle to announce the beginning of the game played against UNIT 1.

“Lets go team! We got this!” Nate encouraged us so that we could go out there and take the win.
It was exactly 5:30 when the ball started to roll. The bleachers were full of spectators from both teams. This game was the most important game so far because three teams were tied at 1st place with two games left. Who ever won this game will be able to represent the school in the City Meet.

The sky got darker and the crowd couldn’t stop from screaming. The first half ended. The score was 0-0. “How do you guys think we’re playing?” Coach asked us, clearly disappointed. He then turned around and stared walking away.

“I think we’re playing okay but we can do better. If you guys noticed their weakest side is their left so if we use our left mid and connect our forwards, then makaka-score tayo,” Loui suggested. Hindi na kami nagsalita lahat matapos niyang sabihin yun.

We were all thinking too much about the game and have been forgetting the most important thing about playing soccer, which is to have fun. At this point the referee signaled both teams that it was time to start the second half.

“ Go Raine! Show them what you've got!,” I spotted my friends shouting from the crowd. I was looking at all the crowd and I saw that half of the people had their eyes on me. I took a glance at Shane at naisip ko na this could be a chance na magpakitang gilas sa kanya.

The second half started. 10 minutes into the game, a forward from the other team named Prince had possession of the ball at the 30-yard line. No one from our team was challenging the ball so he had a clear shoot at goal. Every single person in the crowd and in the field was in suspense as they all saw the ball curving into the goal and the making swish sound on the net. “Goal!Yes! Hahaha”. Prince screamed out loud. Right after that, all of his teammates began to run at him and started hugging him.

On the other hand, my teammates and I had our moral down. “Hey! Wag muna kayong ma-down! Do you guys think this is over? Well hindi! We have 30 minutes to score and I believe in our team. I want everyone to give everything you guys have in this field”. I tried to motivate my team.

“ Raine is right. Lets put one in,” Shane joined me and nginitian ko naman siya.

The ball began to roll again. We were controlling the ball well enough that the other team couldn’t take it away from us. Only 15 minutes of the game left and our keeper punted the ball to ¾ of the field.

“Mine” Ethan yelled. He flicked the ball. I saw the ball was going towards Claurent so she began to run towards the ball.

As soon as she touched the ball, she looked up to see any options but she realized that she had a one on one chance. She decided to drivel the ball. Then she began to play with the ball and drivel through all the defenders.

She was sprinting as fast as she could.

Maraming nagche-cheer sa pangalan ni Claurent at isa na ako dun. Others were cheering the keeper to safe the shot. She looked up to see which way was she going to kick the ball towards.

The keeper was leaving the right side of the goal open so there is where she shot the ball. The ball entered the net, which indicated that she had just tied the game.

I was so exited that I wanted to celebrate but I didn’t because we weren’t winning yet.

She then took the ball out of the goal and took it to the middle of the field to continue with the game. There was 10 minutes left before the referee blew his whistle to indicate the end of the game.