CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

(** special thanks for babybluepol and jaymeelynescoto allthelove for the both of you💕**)

🌻🌻

Claurent's POV

" .....Raine Ace Caldwell, gusto kita."

It was like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders as soon as I said those words.

Maya-maya ay naramdaman ko ang pagyakap ni Rain sa akin. It made my heart full. The warmth of her embrace made me genuinely smile.

"...I-I'm sorry..k-kung sa'yo talaga ako nagka-gusto.." I started but she cut me off.

" Sshh...it's okay, Shane. I understand. Ginulat mo lang kasi ako. I have been wondering why you've always been so nice to me and yet biglang nagagalit. I thought ganun ka lang talaga kaya kita iniintindi, but I never thought that you like me..." nahihiya niyang sabi habang yumuko.

I lifted up her face with my fingers so her eyes meets mine.

" Thank you...." sabi ko sa kanya at napa-ngiti naman siya.

" Ace, may pag-asa ba ako sa'yo?" tanong ko sa kanya with hope in my eyes.

" S-shane...this--this is all so happening quickly and...k-kasi we're both----"

" Girls. I know." alam ko na yung ibig niyang sabihin.

It made me a bit mad. Hindi kay Raine, kundi sa mundo. The fact that some people can't be free to express their own feelings because of judgments.

" P-pero..I mean, I just need time to think about it Shane, it's all I ask." there was worry in her eyes and for a moment, nasabi ko sa sarili ko na sana hindi ko nalang tinanong yun. Just telling her that I like her was enough.

" Sure, Ace. Just take your time. Maghihintay ako until you're ready." I smiled at her and she exchanged it. " Come here." I spread my arms to offer a hug and she accepted it.

" This won't ruin our friendship, right?" tanong niya while she nuzzled her face in my neck.

" Never." I answered habang niyakap siya ng mahigpit.

I'll do anything for her, even if it means waiting for years.

We stayed like that for a while hanggang naalala ko yung part ng plano ko. Kumalas muna ako kay Raine at kinuha yung gitara at sunflowers na tinago ko sa backseat, I was surprised na hindi yun napansin ni Raine. Sa bagay, she was too busy picking music while we were on our way, that's probably why she didn't notice.

Bumalik ako sa tabi niya habang inabot sa kanya yung mga bulaklak.

" For you, dear Ace." I smiled at her reaction. Her smile was the most precious thing in the world.

Nang makita niya na may dala akong gitara ay nagtaka siya.

" You play guitar?" turo niya sa akin. I chuckled at her at napa-iling.

" I've never done this for a girl before so consider yourself a special one.." kinindatan ko siya at namula naman yung mga pisngi niya.

I strummed for a few seconds and I took a breath....

"What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

Something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

And me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive..."

I strummed the last part and when I opened my eyes, I saw Raine clasping her hands on her chest.

" Wow, Shane.." sabi nito. A hint of amusement in her voice. " Ang ganda naman nun.." She stared at me with awe.

" C'mon Ace, my voice can't be that good." tumawa ako dahil totoo naman, hindi naman ganun kaganda yung boses ko but I tried para lang maharana siya or something.

" Shane! Ano ka ba! That was beautiful! That was even better than the original!" lalo naman akong natawa sa sinabi niya.

" You're silly." I shook my head.

" Claurent Shane Chandler hindi ako nagsisinungaling. Ang ganda ng boses mo and you should sing more often. That's pure talent kaya! You should not hide it." She insisted.

" Okay, fine. I accept your compliment. But I'll sing only for you." sabi ko sa kanya at pabiro maman niyang hinampas yung braso ko bago siya yumakap ulit sa akin.

We watched as the darkness of the night spread. Unti-unti narin naming nakikita yung mga tala. It's 7:00 pm pero neither of us wants to go home yet.

Tahimik lang kami habang nakayakap siya sa akin sa bubong ng kotse.

Kahit hindi ko pa siya matatawag na akin, masaya parin ako kasi she accepted my feelings well.

I'm just glad na hindi siya katulad ng ibang babae na homophobic. Yung iba kasi pag may gusto yung kapwa nila babae sa kanila ay pinandidirian na. Hindi din naman kasi tama yun.

Naniniwala kasi ako na ang love ay nagsisimula sa puso. Hindi tumitingin sa gender. Kaya kung mahal mo ang isang tao, mapa lalaki man yan o babae, it doesn't matter. Because the feeling is what counts.

...and there we were under the sky full of stars, we held each other close.

I never want this moment to end. Where I'm in my favorite place beside my favorite girl.

------------
Hey! Like the story? Give it a star!😊 and also leave a comment!😁

xxallthelove💕