CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

(**guys sorry, Miss Grace pala yung name ng schoolpaper adviser nila haha, tanga ko eh no?**)

Raine's POV

" Congrats Raine and Tiffany!..and for the rest of you, don't worry mga darling, may next time pa naman. What's important is you all did best and that should be more than enough right?"

" Yes ma'am, thank you po." sagot naman namin kay ma'am Grace nang batiin niya kami pagkatapos ng awarding.

" Well then, let's celebrate? My treat." she suggested and we all cheered.

Habang papa-alis naman kami, I took of my medal and hung it to CJ's neck, and Tiffany did the same to Jino. The gesture made them smile.

-----------------------------
*time skip*

" Miss Raine, wala nga pala sina ma'am at sir. May business meeting kasi sila out of town, last minute yung notice eh. Monday na daw makaka-uwi." paliwanag ni manang sa akin nang makababa ako sa kotse, nalungkot naman ako.

" Ah, ganun po ba? Salamat."

" Kumain na ho ba kayo?" tumango nalang ako.

" Ay! Ma'am! Nanalo po kayo?! Congrats po!" tuwang-tuwa na bati ni manang at pinasalamatan ko siya.

" Nga pala ma'am, yung kaibigan nyo ho, andun sa loob. Kanina ka pa hinihintay." Nagtaka naman ako sa sinabi ni manang.

" Ah, sige po, salamat."

Pagpasok ko sa bahay ay tumambad sa akin si Claurent naka-idlip sa sofa. For a moment, I wondered what she was doing here. I hesitated before I shook her gently.

" C-Claurent..wake up." I softly said.

She flinched, then opened her eyes as if realizing na nakatulog pala siya.

" Raine...U-uhm Hi." she awkwardly greeted. " By the way, congrats jan." she smiled while pointing at the medal hanging from my neck.

" Thank you." I answered.

" Uhm-Look, I'm sorry. For all the things I've said. I did not mean any of those." panghihingi niya ng tawad sa akin.

I shook my head, " No, you were right. I shouldn't have acted like I could do everything. I knew the game is drawing near and I still chose to be in the campus journalists. Besides, andyan naman si Mia, she could do way better than me for the team, knowing that you've been giving her private lessons, the team's gonna win for sure."

Claurent rubbed her face with her palms and let out a loud sigh.

" Raine, seriously...why are you being like this? Why do you keep saying that?" 

" Isn't it obvious, Claurent?"

" I wouldn't know if you won't tell me!" she answered in frustration.

" I'm starting to fall for you,dipshit!" I yelled while throwing her one of our pillows sa couch.

" I hate that I have to say it out loud! You should have figured it out! And what hurts me more is that ngayon ko pa nareliaze na may gusto ako sayo! Ngayon pa na may Mia kana!" Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at umiyak na naman ako. She's unbelievable!

Suddenly, I felt arms wrapped around me. The warmth that I missed.

" Raine, listen." she shushed me as I felt her hands rubbing up and down my back.

" There's nothing going on between me and Mia." she started but then I cut her off.

" What was that flower, then? And narinig ko pa yung something na dapat mabusog ka? Claurent, alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit sa akin na malamang may nangyari na sa inyo?!" naiiyak kong sabi sa kanya.

" Baby, hindi sakin galing yung flowers, sa kanya talaga yun kasi ibibigay niya yun sa mommy niya dahil birthday niya..and we were talking about the dishes na lulutuin ni Mia para sa birthday ng mommy niya. Gusto kasi ng mommy niya na dun nalang ako mag di-dinner. Green-minded ka masyado eh." she chuckled at naramdaman kong umiinit yung mga pisngi ko kaya tumalikod nalang ako so I would not see her smug face.

Shemay! Na misunderstood ko lang pala! Fudge! Nakakahiya!
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad na hindi pala talaga sila ni Mia, but...shems! May paiyak-iyak at drama-drama pa akong nalalaman! Bakit ba kasi naging dirty minded ako nang marinig ko yun?!!

" Ace? Wag mo na akong iwasan please? You're hurting me, you know?" from the tone of her voice, I knew she was sincere. " Alam mo, I'm glad to know na may gusto ka din pala sakin. Mia's been telling me na may pag-asa ako sayo, but then I always tell her otherwise. Kaya ang saya ko." I turned to her and she pulled of the mosy beautiful smile I have ever seen.

" Fuck, Ace. Parang sasabog yung puso ko." she bit her lip as she held my right hand.

My left hand reached for her cheek. I leaned in. I took my time to look at her facial features.

Holy crap. She's like the definition of perfection.

Brown eyes. Thick brows. Perfect jaw. Pixie nose. Kissable lips.

No wonder many girls run after her.

She moved closer till our foreheads touched.

Then, our lips were inches apart.

She was about to lean closer to seal our lips together but then I put my hand on her lips and moved away.

She was surprised by my action, but then I placed the same hand that was on her lips on my own lips.

She let out a sigh before smiling," I know. Hindi pa pwede."

" You have to ask me out first." I smirked at her.

" Gusto mo ligawan pa kita?" she asked in a fake surprised-tone and I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

" Sus, yan lang pala." she cockily said before leaning into my ears.

" Kahit araw-araw pa, gagawin ko yan."

-----------------------------------
Hey! Like the story? Give it a star! And leave a comment!👍😊

xxallthelove💕