15th March, 2014

Hiya pals!! hehe

Excuse me, I'm all giddy. I don'tusually put A/Ns at the start of an update but God knows ifpeople actually read them at the bottom. The A/N at the end of thisupdate is close to my heart so please be dears (with your sexy faces) and actually readit. 

Thanks a bunch!

Kay, I'll shut up now.

***

"Alex? Wait, what were you doing here? I didn't know you and Dylan-"

Alex shook her head and smiled at the only father she ever knew. "No, he still hates me. Can I come in?"

Dylan's father nodded and stepped back but Alex made no attempt to move. "He already left pumpkin. No worries."

Alex nodded and walked past him. She sat on the couch and sighed. Tonight was the Ed Sheeran concert and she'd just rather not sit home and mope.

It was in that moment, earlier tonight, when she sitting on her bed, did actually hit her how pathetic her life was. She had somehow managed to only make one real friend and that was Dylan. She knew other people but not well enough to call them over so they can come over and randomly hang. Caleb was already gone so she was all alone.

"Did you hear me?" Dylan's father asked pulling Alex from her thoughts.

"Huh?" She said trying her best not to sound, or look depressed. The very last thing Alex wanted to do was to pull Mr. O'Brien down into the black hole with her. He was barely even happy as it is and she knew that he probably took the Dylan thing a lot worse than she did.

"I was asking how you were?" He said giving her one of his warm smiles.

"I'm good grandpa. Really, don't sweat it."

"Look swettie, I know he's my son and all, but Dylan was really an ass about the whole thing." He chuckled and thew and arm around her. "I mean, I didn't know the whole story but I don't think you would lie about that Ashley girl."

Alex shook her head and shrugged. She really didn't want to discuss how her best friend, they guy she knew for more than half her life, would ever think she had it in her to ruin a realtionship he'd always wanted just because she wanted to. "I really, really, don't wanna talk about it. That's why I didn't stay home. My thoughts consumed me. I don't want to think about it."

Dylan's father gave her the lopsided smirk his son was famous for. "If I was prone to sarcasm, I'd point out that you came to the very place that houses your source of pain."

Alex laughed and tucked her legs under her. She snuggled closer to the giant man. "God, grandpa. You sound like a fortune cookie."

He chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "Speaking of cookies... What's the latest on your book?"

Alex laughed and shook her head. "Cookies has literally nothing to do with my book."

"But still, what's the latest on it? Are they using your mini stories or..."

"No, they're just going with the memoir thing. My mini stories were just for Dylan really. No one else. If i publish any it won't be the ones that he's read. Those were just for him."

"I read them."

"Then they were just for him, you. Oh, and also my mom."

He nodded and reached for Dylan's laptop that was on the coffee table. "But.. When's it gonna be done?" He opened the laptop and pressed the power button.

"I should get five copies next month. I'm really excited." Alex beamed. And she really was. If it wasn't for all this dram with her best fri- with Dylan, she'd literally be bouncing off walls. It was her dream to write for a living and she was getting her own book. Even if it being published by a mediocore company; it was her book and it was being published. 

He nodded and frowned when the laptop asked for a password. After a few failed attempts he turned and rose an eyebrow at Alex, silently asking her if she knew the password. 

"It's his brother's name." Alex said softly pulling away from him. 

He smiled and typed it in. This was a heavy silence as they both remembered the little boy who, by just his smile, could change your day.

"Are you even going to try talking to Dylan?" He asked again as a picture of Dylan and Ashley popped up on the screen. He quickly shut the laptop and offered an apologetic smile to Alex.

She reached over and opened the laptop again. Alex really was past the whole Dylan and Ashley thing. She didn't care if they were together or not. If he wanted to use his time chasing after her then so be it. She was relieved she didn't have to sit by and take a front row seat to the joke of a relationship Dylan shared with Ashley. "He told me to stay away from him. If he wants to talk to me, he knows where to find me."

"Jesus, both of you are so stubborn." He fretted opening the browser and typing something in the search bar.

"You know you love me." Alex smiled nudging his shoulder with hers. 

"More than life itself sweetie. I really wanted Dylan to be a girl. And with you, I get a girl and a Dylan."

Alex smiled and looked at the man. You'd think she'd be bitter to whoever knocked her mom up and bailed. But she was far from bitter. 

If her real dad had stuck around she would've never had this kind of relationship with Dylan's father because there would be no need. She literally couldn't picture her life without this man. He didn't have to, but he took her under his wing and treated her like she was his own and there were sometimes that she wished he really was her dad. She decided to settle for what she got though; because it was better than anything.

"Thanks a lot grandpa."

"For what?" He asked tearing his eyes away from the laptop screen to turn and frown at her. 

"For everything. For loving me. I'm not usually this mushy and I act like I don't care sometimes but really, thanks so much for being the dad I never had."

Dylan's father smiled and put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close. "It was all my pleasure pumpkin. Now, let's get this party started!"

"What party?"

He moved the laptop so it was resting in the middle of them. "I can't get you to the Ed Sheeran concert, so I'm bringing the Ed Sheeran concert to you."

"How?"

"By watching every one of his live performances. We can even plug it into the TV for special effect."

Alex smiled and her heart melted. "You don't have to.."

"We're going to. Come on! You'll have to help me because I don't know shit about technology."

***

One shot #4 completed.

So... I was asked to give 30 but idk if I can come up with so much.. So far (in all) I have 16. But let me know if you guys want more...

Okay, seriously, @louischapme is awesome sauce. Go read her story.

And, people!! With your sexy faces and ish!!! The girl who convinced and pushed me to write this has finally posted a story. She's hella good so, please, please, please go read it. Her name is @fivesauseoption and the story is called Behind The Line.

If you read it you may get another update this week. Yes, I'm bribing you.

Anyhoosey.. Check out those two people!

And thank you so much for 6.5k reads on this!! You guys made me a happy panda.

I also changed my name.. *giggles* Kimmy knows what it means :D 

I ❤❤❤❤ your sexy faces!!